• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
no matter how much you guys want to pretend that your'e indestructible.

No need for that,we all want the best for our careers and families. Lets see what comes out of all this. PCL128, you may want to tone down your dislike for us, not smart...

PCL said: Career earnings are impossible to predict from mainline carrier to mainline carrier. Yes, it's easy to say that working at any mainline carrier will earn you more over the course of a career than a career at a regional, but it's impossible to say that a career at SWA is any more valuable in the long term than a career at any other mainline carrier.

OK MR PCL, find me ONE commercial airline pilot who having been offerred jobs at both SWA and AAI, went to AAI...Good luck, and there is a reason that may be hard to do...

Forget it PCL. It's like arguing to a wall.

He'll just try and spin it to what could have been or should have been.

IT's always dangerous to believe your own BS. No matter who you are. Clearly this is not a merger and certainly not of equals. But one party seems to want to insist that it is by their demands. And to say this is about seniority and not pay is complete foolish nonsense. Because we all know seniority translates into pay. Even arbitrators know this. IF I had a choice I'd take the staple. This cannnot be a one side takes all agreement. If the SWA pay differential is high, then what do SWA pilots gain in this? Nothing? I don't think it bodes well for either side to come off as looking greedy. Mr. Kelly's first goal is to preserve the culture he has. IF the groups cannot amiably come to agreement and either side will be indefinitely hostile, he will likely not jeopardize his existing employees through this acquisition. This is basic business sense. No amount of legal wrangling or threats by anyone can cause him to lose sight of this. THe resulting actions may be expensive to SWA and painful for many, but I believe he will put the preservation of SWA first. The more this looks like America West- USAir, the less likely it is to happen. In fact that could very well be his justification for whatever eventual action takes place...

Hey PCL, if that is the case maybe you should get your app in over at us air now before the big rush! You stay classy now!

My banker doesn't ask what seat I sit in, he asks me how much I earn.

He doesn't ask you how many days off you get, either, but I'm pretty sure it's important to you.

Find an arbiter that will knock 40% off a mid seniority CA then.

Find an arbitration where there existed so much difference in pay, benefits, career expectations, between the principles...I am not advocating a staple, but no arbiter could agree that any SWA pilot should be junior to an AAI pilot with a later DOH...even straight DOH penalizes the SWA pilots due to age and retirements within the AAI group.

Latest resources

Back