• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. SWA is under no obligation to negotiate with the two unions. They have made an offer. There is no guarantee they make any more offers in the process.

So we would then just continue on with the agreed to process right?

Yes. One and done from the company is a possibility, in fact, more likely a probability. Otherwise onward with the process and continued uncertainty on both sides.
Agreed. If this is in fact a "one and done" offer by GK, -and- it is not accepted by both unions, then we simply move on to arbitration. That is set forth in the Process Agreement that both sides signed onto and there is a finite date that said arbitration must commence by.

I hope GK sweetened the pot for both sides. I'd like to see an agreement made between the two MC's that goes back to the heart of the negotiations - Fair & Equitable. But...if that is not to be, then I am ready to go to arbitration.

We MUST have a harmonious combined pilot group. Do we really want to see a repeat of Reno Air/American Airlines from years past, or more recently, the toxic atmosphere between USA/AWA? I don't think anyone wants that.

Let's see what official information comes out from the two MC's over the next few days. It does none of us any good to speculate or grandstand.

DV

Don (why waste time with direct negotiations or mediation) Vireta

Mind if I just call you spring loaded?

Gup

The meetings are adjourned for the night. I respect that many of the people in the know are letting the groups work this out without leaks.

Not spring-loaded Gup; just ready to go that route if need be, although hoping we don't have to.

I'll revisit the relevent sentence on that from my last post:

"I'd like to see an agreement made between the two MC's that goes back to the heart of the negotiations - Fair & Equitable. But...if that is not to be, then I am ready to go to arbitration."

Latest resources

Back