• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand. It doesn't work in your favor, so you'd rather disengage. That's cool. Take care.

I was merely pointing out that a general statement of 70% pay raises is not factually correct. I just checked APC and it appears that there is a roughly 20-25% difference.

There is a very large gap between 40% and "not lose any seniority". Wouldn't you say Red ?

He's an all or nothing kinda guy. It helps get his point across. (assuming he) :)

According to some reports, senior FO's at aai would lose close to 32 % under the latest proposal that didn't make it out for a vote....

Virtually impossible for this to happen; it could only happen if your longevity was changed to 0. A 30% (conservative number) pay increase, yes. If you are talking career expectations I could see a little less than +30%, but not much. I've seen computer models that show the lowest gains are in the 20% range for the entire range of seniority.

Well from the verbage I wasn't sure if the proposal was REJECTED or hadn't been acted on yet or hadn't even been presented to the MEC. Why are they even bothering to negoitiate? Is there anything really left to discuss? I don't think so. IMHO mediation is a waste of time as well.

Under our structure, nothing gets voted on by the MEC until the committee has reached a deal. The MEC went out to Dallas yesterday to hear what SWA management had to say. But, the MC has not reached a deal, so there was nothing for our MEC to decide on. If a deal is reached, then the MEC will vote on whether to send it out to the pilots. That hasn't happened. So, nothing has been either rejected or endorsed.

This is Not really the place to discuss this. Ask pcl and your other reps to give you the option to vote on your future. If you agree on whatever is presented, vote yes. If not, vote no.

Its my opinion each pilot group should have a chance to decide on their futures. It should be an educated vote based on all of the facts, not simply the few talking points which have been presented thus far.

If you really think arbitration is where you want to go, vote for it. Quite possibly your mc and MEC might decide that for you. It's legal and you did elect them as your duly elected reps.

Some, if not most of this, at this juncture is pointless.

PCL isn't a rep. We fired him. Although the spin above is worthy of him. You learned much as an ALPA Rep.

I would congratulate you guys though. You've actually found a proposal that would get voted down. Not an easy task here :)

Happy Friday all. It's time for my medicine.

Cheers

PCL isn't a rep. We fired him. Although the spin above is worthy of him. You learned much as an ALPA Rep.

I would congratulate you guys though. You've actually found a proposal that would get voted down. Not an easy task here :)

Happy Friday all. It's time for my medicine.

Cheers

You have some information incorrect.

The 32% was the number of percentage that would be lost by some of the more senior aai FOs if they were to be stapled to the swa FOs, which I believe to be part of gk proposal...

I remember somewhere, the AAI guys touting that Gary thinks we are worth this or that because he bought us and so on. Gary has stated what he thinks your worth. It's up to you to agree with him or not. The number is on the table!

Please correct him then. It all looks accurate, I had to check the calendar to make sure it was indeed Friday, that was my only question.

I'll leave that up to you.

As far as the other information where aresomee of you guys getting it. It is not public. I have not seen it anywhere else exept for you 3 posters.

Latest resources

Back