• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would you take madjack's words, put them in a quote box and then change them? If you quote somebody, don't change what they said.

Really bad form. Makes you seem childish.

That was funny.

Maybe you need to talk to your Negotiators then. It's appropriate.

When you're done there. Have a look at some of your peers posts over the last few months for the childish and bad form.

I'm not seeing anywhere near a 70% pay increase, not even close even after figuring in 401K, profit sharing, and comparing it before the measly raise from the last CBA. And, the increase that I am seeing is not worth giving up a lot of seniority for, sorry.

From your posts it would seem that you would be more than content if this whole thing went away. That may be the only thing that you and the SWAPA pilots agree on.

Find an arbiter that will knock 40% off a mid seniority CA then. Good luck.

Having said that ... Yes, I agree that we disagree. :)

Ok. So on the CA side, they should go from 150/hr to 210/hr and not lose any seniority?

That isn't going to work...arbitor, or no arbitor. I feel sorry for the good AAI guys like you Dicko if this gets pushed too far. It won't be pretty. SW management is hard core, get their way guys. SWAPA is easy, SW might not be.

Last edited:
Find an arbiter that will knock 40% off a mid seniority CA then. Good luck.

Having said that ... Yes, I agree that we disagree. :)

This is Not really the place to discuss this. Ask pcl and your other reps to give you the option to vote on your future. If you agree on whatever is presented, vote yes. If not, vote no.

Its my opinion each pilot group should have a chance to decide on their futures. It should be an educated vote based on all of the facts, not simply the few talking points which have been presented thus far.

If you really think arbitration is where you want to go, vote for it. Quite possibly your mc and MEC might decide that for you. It's legal and you did elect them as your duly elected reps.

Some, if not most of this, at this juncture is pointless.

I think shootr posted it (the rumor you mention) briefly last evening and then deleted it (I read it before it was deleted but don't remember well enough to quote him). He might know where he got his info from.

Well today it was posted by non other than PCL. I'll bump it

The AirTran MEC did not endorse the proposal. The Merger Committees are back at the bargaining table today.

PCL care to clarify?

If SWAPA will not allow any "harm" to come to any SWAPA pilot, why on Earth would anyone from SWAPA think that ATN ALPA would not demand the same thing for their pilots?

FACT: The ATN MEC has R-E-J-E-C-T-E-D the SWA Management SLI proposal. That means that it will not go out to the ATN pilot group for a vote, and rightly so. They won't send an unequitable and unfair proposal to our pilot group to vote on. Why would they? To waste time seeing it get voted down? Then we start over with a slightly better proposal and it too gets voted down. Where does it end?

The ATN MEC and MC will send us a proposal at some point that they feel is respectful of our pilot group if there is one to be had. If not, then we're all headed to federal arbitration where this will be settled by a neutral 3rd party. As I've stated time and time again, I have no problem with that.

Don please source your "FACT"

That was funny.

Maybe you need to talk to your Negotiators then. It's appropriate.

When you're done there. Have a look at some of your peers posts over the last few months for the childish and bad form.

Did you just say "I know you are but what am I?"

I'm trying to get everyone to laugh. Let's lighten up ... Weekend is here.

The pre-announcement AAI FO rate topped out at 79/hr.

It now tops out at 101/hr. That was because of the announcement.

That in it self is a 30 percent payraise! I wouldn't call that measly raise, but whatever.

Sooo 79/hr at AAI vs 148/hr at SW equals.... way more than 70%

My raise was in the single digits percentage wise. After 6 years of negotiations, that is measly.

PCL care to clarify?

Clarify what? It was pretty clear. The proposal wasn't accepted, and the MCs are back negotiating. What is so confusing about that?

Latest resources

Back