• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to some reports, senior FO's at aai would lose close to 32 % under the latest proposal that didn't make it out for a vote....

Would any of the former AAI CPs that are now SWA FOs care to weigh in?

It's less laughable than saying an arbitrated list would result in no
merging of the lists.

GK has told the SEC and the investment community that he is fully
merging the operations. If he lied about that material fact to investors he could end up in jail, and the lawsuits from investors could last for
years and result in the ultimate downfall of the airline. WAKE UP!

Have you ever read a 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, etc? Do yourself a favor and read any company's fine print in the Forward Looking Statements. Gary will do what he needs to.

Thanks for the chuckle on the jail time, btw!!! Good stuff ;)

The good thing you mentioned that. I really do not think that SWAPA knew that. It seems that Airtran really has SWAPA in a good position. Everybody thought that SWAPA would control this but after reading your post and the other legal experts like PCL, Ty and Lear70 it seems like SWAPA will have to give in to your demands or face the music. You should at least give them a way out to save face.

No one thought SWAPA would control this.

It's negotiation and then arbitration. Where have you been?

And a "yes" vote on a vote made with a "gun to your head" , the
"nuclear option", is as worthless as a confession "with a gun to
your head", it's called coercion. It won't stand up in court.

Stay Classy!

There was a lot of speculation about GK's motives in how the Frontier situation went down. In hindsight it seemed to be just a manuever to make Republic pay more than Frontier was worth.

....and maybe this whole meeting wasn't about getting an agreement. Wonder what the outcome of yesterday's meeting will look like from a year down the road.

There's every chance that GK and his boys walked out of that meeting, looked at each other and said, "well, that went just like we thought it would go." Just setting the stage for later action.

Last edited:
Have you ever read a 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, etc? Do yourself a favor and read any company's fine print in the Forward Looking Statements. Gary will do what he needs to.

Thanks for the chuckle on the jail time, btw!!! Good stuff ;)

Spot on. How many pre-merger announcements have we all heard where they say 'no one will lose their jobs' or 'no decrease service', when in the end, guess what?

Do to circumstances beyond our control, we have to 'close this station', or 'decrease service'. This happens all the time in every industry. None of these guys have gone to jail. Give me a break.

I don't know why you're talking about financial benefits. We aren't merging pay checks, we're merging seniority. The two have nothing to do with each other.

PCL-

I love the movie Anchorman. Classic will Ferrell.

"Ron Burgundy: Thanks for watching Channel 4 News. You stay classy, San Diego. I'm Ron Burgundy?
Ed Harken: Damn it, who typed a question mark on the teleprompter? How many times do I have to tell you? Anything you type, Burgundy will read!"

Veronica sneakily changes the prompter...:
"Ron Burgundy: Go f^ck yourself, San Diego!"

The problem for you PCL is you're a public figure still representing ALPA, and regardless of recall still know you represent a good % at AT. AND, we all know the movie too and that you're basically telling ALL of SWAPA to go f^ck themselves. Read, youre not telling me to, or swa/fo, or bob dylan, or any other troll. You're telling ALL of us.

That's not lost on anyone.

Change your f^cking signature.

Or don't. But who you are and the chaos you represent is crystal clear. Again, you guys want to back this guy and what he represents, go ahead.

FACT: The ATN MEC has R-E-J-E-C-T-E-D the SWA Management SLI proposal. That means that it will not go out to the ATN pilot group for a vote, and rightly so.

DV,
Rest assured there is a stick nearby while you are counting all your carrots, even if you can't see it. It is there. While I am sure SW Mgt wants a smooth integration they would be fools to not have a plan in case things go poorly. What would you do if you were GK to fix a bad acquisition? Me, I'd treat it like a medical condition, starting with pills then moving on to surgery to cut out the problem. That approach can be done with businesses also. Be careful and don't overplay your hand.

Elwood

According to some reports, senior FO's at aai would lose close to 32 % under the latest proposal that didn't make it out for a vote....

Would any of the former all the AAI CPs that are proposed to be future SWA FOs care to weigh in?

Ill weigh in ..... Stapling all AirTran FO's is not a serious offer.

Latest resources

Back