SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DV,

SWAPAs negotiating position (with SWA endorsement) is no SWA pilot will be harmed by this acquisition. SWA pilots cannot hope to achieve the same level of financial benefit the AAI pilots will receive but we can hope to be not be "harmed". Why would you seek arbitration if the outcome is not harmful to SWA pilots and is also beneficial financially to every AAI pilot?

Only responding to the toxic nonsense put up by some on your side, my brother.

What I've been saying is this: If the two sides can't come to an agreement on their own, then the remedy is federal binding arbitration and we all live with the decision that they make...for better or worse. Why do some of the SWA guys seem to have a problem with that?

There is no problem with that very thing you speak of. I don't think any Swa pilot has an issue with the process itself or even with the results of such.

I posted a few days ago a statement about talking points. It appears there was an education campaign early on with anticipated results based upon a set of perceived conditions. It also appears the campaign intentionally failed to go far enough containing the many potential outcomes.

It's speculation to comment any further at this point. Now we wait.

There is no problem with that very thing you speak of. I don't think any Swa pilot has an issue with the process itself or even with the results of such.

I posted a few days ago a statement about talking points. It appears there was an education campaign early on with anticipated results based upon a set of perceived conditions. It also appears the campaign intentionally failed to go far enough containing the many potential outcomes.

It's speculation to comment any further at this point. Now we wait.

You're understandably underestimating the level of communication given to the AirTran pilots by their Reps. They are very clear.

I think that SWAPA's reliance on "the many potential outcomes" has affected the way they are negotiating. Unfortunately.

We have a long way to go.

I don't expect swapa to vote for anything that keeps me at my relative seniority.. But don't expect me to vote for anything that staples me. If they can come to something between those 2 things at the table that is fair and equitable by all means bring it out to vote. If not.. let the process all parties agreed to work it self out. Including mediation & arbitration.

DV,

SWAPAs negotiating position (with SWA endorsement) is no SWA pilot will be harmed by this acquisition. SWA pilots cannot hope to achieve the same level of financial benefit the AAI pilots will receive but we can hope to be not be "harmed". Why would you seek arbitration if the outcome is not harmful to SWA pilots and is also beneficial financially to every AAI pilot?

Since there are inherent gains for the AAI pilot, SWA pilots think it is fair to have some gains themselves. Not equal gains, just some gains without harm to any SWA pilot.

I just wonder why it can not be seen by some that what is "Fair" and what is "Equitable" is for both sides. Most SWA pilots all agree that completely equal gains on both sides is difficult to achieve. The AAI pilots will almost certainly gain much more than the average SWA pilot. But there MUST be a gain to narrow the equality of this integration. As pilots, AAI brings no gains to the SWA pilots. The company brings a little international flying which all of the SWA pilots could give a rats a$$ about. There really is nothing the AAI pilots themselves bring to SWA pilots. We are talking contract to contract. Nothing. Zip. Nada. So all what SWA pilots, at a bare basic minimum are going to be certain of, no career potential harm will be brought to their pilots. And that in itself is not fair, or equitable with this integration. There deserves to be more.

Last time I checked, we all get ONE vote. Like it or not, when this proposal from SWA management gets endorsed by the respective unions and goes out for a vote, it's likely to pass. The negotiated agreement from the pilot ranks will set the tone for the remainder of the work groups and their integrations. Arbitration is becoming less and less likely.

You're understandably underestimating the level of communication given to the AirTran pilots by their Reps. They are very clear.

I think that SWAPA's reliance on "the many potential outcomes" has affected the way they are negotiating. Unfortunately.

We have a long way to go.

You know this how???????????

Why would you seek arbitration if the outcome is not harmful to SWA pilots and is also beneficial financially to every AAI pilot?

I don't know why you're talking about financial benefits. We aren't merging pay checks, we're merging seniority. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Like it or not, when this proposal from SWA management gets endorsed by the respective unions and goes out for a vote, it's likely to pass.

The AirTran MEC did not endorse the proposal. The Merger Committees are back at the bargaining table today.

Latest resources

Back