• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA looking to capture more Capt seats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear, I'll put this forward one last time as a solution to all AT pilots problems: vote ALPA out, vote SWAPA in as your bargaining agent, and everyone gets full pay now, all captains get full SWA pay, 737 and 717.

Our line building comes to play, our min guarantee and reserve rules to come to play.

So if you want to solve the problem, and stick it to SWA, vote in SWAPA today.

If your not willing to do that, I take that as not being sincere in your request for help from SWAPA.

Last edited:
Lear, I'll put this forward one last time as a solution to all AT pilots problems: vote ALPA out, vote SWAPA in as your bargaining agent, and everyone gets full pay now, all captains get full SWA pay, 737 and 717.

If your not willing to do that, I take that as not being sincere in your request for help from SWAPA.

This statement shows just how little you understand whats going on.

and how little you understand just how easy it is to solve the majority of the problems AT pilots face. Vote SWAPA in and get our contract now, not 3 years from now.

Anything else is BS and you get what you voted for, have a nice day.

I'm sorry, but you are simply wrong. Voting in SWAPA doesn't change our CBA, only who administers it.

Our line building comes to play, our min guarantee and reserve rules to come to play.

So if you want to solve the problem, and stick it to SWA, vote in SWAPA today.

You clearly don't understand the RLA.

SWAPA has to agree to take us. You can't force a union to take over representation.

And like another poster explained, that would not change our CBA unilaterally.

You are simply incorrect or misinformed. Call your SWAPA reps or the NMB for clarification.

I understand RLA just fine, unless you take the step and force the hand, you'll get what you agreed to, have a nice day.

I understand RLA just fine, unless you take the step and force the hand, you'll get what you agreed to, have a nice day.

Clearly you don't.

I've had this discussion with a RLA attorney along with the AAI ALPA MEC officers. Unless you're an RLA attorney, I will take his word for it over a pilot's.

Voting SWAPA in does NOTHING to bring us under SWAPA's CBA when we have a NMB recognized integration agreement in place which dictates when exactly we are covered under the SWAPA CBA.

That's why Joe Harris put a hard date in the Agreement; to preclude exactly what you're advocating.

Just the way it is. Have a nice day.

Lear
You are right voting SWAPA in won't put you under the SWAPA CBA. But if you want SWAPA to help you against SWA the only way that they can do that, without the threat of a DFR, is for SWAPA to represent AirTran. Since AirTran and Southwest are a single carrier you can ask the NMB to have ALPA removed and SWAPA put in its place. At my former airline we were ruled by the NMB to be a single carrier and instead of picking one of the unions they told us to elect one union to represent both groups. If the NMB doesn't select SWAPA to represent both groups, as the SWAPA BOD has stated that they have the power to do, then both groups will at least get to elect one union.

Go steelers

Latest resources

Back