• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, initially it really did. Wouldn't want to go through anything like that again....getting furloughed isn't fun. At the time UAL had the best contract in the industry. However, I am really grateful I had the chance to start over again at AirTran. Never took the recall....if I would have....I'd be on the street again.

Yeah, initially it really did. Wouldn't want to go through anything like that again....getting furloughed isn't fun. At the time UAL had the best contract in the industry. However, I am really grateful I had the chance to start over again at AirTran. Never took the recall....if I would have....I'd be on the street again.

Timing is everything- a very fickle industry-
Congrats for shaking the scarlet U

No doubt... its been a tough 10 years.

We look forward to flying with you soon.. Hope the second half of your career if far better than the first.

Thanks, guys. Looking forward to flying with you all as well. Got some good friends over there, all great guys.

Too bad the industry average is 1 in 30.

Just curious about your source for that stat? At every single carrier over the last several decades, the odds have ebbed and flowed with the economy and the overall employment picture. In addition, SWA has always had a smaller spread between mins to apply and competitive mins. IOW, 2500TT plus 1000 TPIC plus a 73-type tends to make for a smaller pool of candidates than, say, United's 250TT plus FEX.

Latest resources

Back