SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was quick, good job. :)

• Guarantees all aircraft, orders, options and deliveries come to Southwest Airlines and pilots on the current SWAPA Master Pilot Seniority List.

(READ: All future Airtran deliveries become SWA planes flown by SWAPA pilots with the exception of 2 717 deliveries this year)
Been expecting and saying that since Day 1, too expensive to reconfigure and repaint for no useful reason.

Will be interesting to see the actual language on the timelines and extension of the SWA CBA to AirTran pilots prior to the actual execution of the SLI. Would be a little shocked to see that happen before the SLI is done and work is well underway to integrate and cross-train...

What I'm reading says SWAPA CBA won't apply to Airtran pilots until after single operating certificate is approved by FAA.

What I'm reading says SWAPA CBA won't apply to Airtran pilots until after single operating certificate is approved by FAA.
Wow... if that's the case, we're talking at least 2+ years down the road.

It will require complete integration of not only both the current 737 AND the 717 training departments onto the SWA certificate (not to mention our APD's approved on the SWA certificate - our 717's and eventual transitioning 737 pilots will require it), but all the international operations and waivers, as well as all the crews cross-trained, not to MENTION the mechanics, flight attendants, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Aircrew Program Designee - they are company employees in the training department who can give Type Ratings as well as PC's / PT's.

http://fsims.faa.gov/PICDetail.aspx?docId=3379CB6C41F3E7C3862573D0006CB2FE

As for "Single Operating Carrier", in FAA speak, that means "on the day we can surrender the AirTran Operating Certificate and operations with all fleets and employees continues on a daily basis as-normal."

The only way they can do that is to have every, single facet of the operation on the Southwest Ops Cert.

Thanks for the details, Scoreboard. More to come, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Could you SWA guys kick the can down the road for years (maybe even a decade) and prevent the AirTran guys from getting your pay rates? Wow...But I remember a bunch of AirTran guys saying it "wasn't about the money." So I guess it's no big deal then.

To my future Tranny bro's - See you "on the other side."

Until then it's time for me to (finally) put a sock in it.

Gup

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back