• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wasn't saying you're being offensive, and didn't mean to insinuate anything, just trying to keep things from escalating again just when everyone is starting to chill a bit.

Guess I could have sent a PM, didn't mean to offend. :beer:

No worries Lear. Thanks for the note.

Beers are on me.

Which mod?

I did it out of respect for clr4apch. He kindly asked me to stop because he was sick of the sw crybabies complaining about my pft comments, so out of respect for him, and to make his job easier, I complied.

Cheers.

We (dal/nwa) missed a great opportunity to "take it back" during our joint contract. One side was trying to use what they felt was leverage on the SLI by signing off on a LOA. They felt it would pressure the other side into a SLI that they preferred. Went to arbitration anyway, and we ended up with something less. Again, up until the ch11 contracts our 737Ng and for that matter the lowly DC9 payrates(hell, the wb fo rates were better that your capt. rates) were way better, workrules, pension, insurance etc.

We both work for publicly-traded companies that are only as good as their last quarter; we're represented by unions that are only as good as their last contract; and as pilots we are only as good as our last flight. It's the nature of the business. You really should stop dwelling on the past, though--you guys sound like a washed-up, has-been pro athlete.

You guys have been at the top for a very short time, after being an anchor for years. Good for ya! I hope y'all can hold or improve what you have got. It will give us much more leverage going forward.
I hope so too. I hope even more that you guys can best our contract soon, though with the hole you've dug for yourselves with scope, I'm not optimistic. You may get nice raises (for less scope) or more scope (with little/no raises), but I'll be really surprised (and impressed!) if you can get both. I'll be rooting for ya'll. :beer:

As far as scope, you guys beat us there hands down. However I don't think it has anything to do with swapa, more with a management that chose not to follow the heard.
Spoken like the consummate outsider, situated miles away from the ups and downs of our last Sect 6. :rolleyes: It took more than three years to reach a TA on our current contract, the first two years of which dealt exclusively with codeshare & scope. Our CEO became quite enamored with the whole codeshare thing during the ATA BK, and no small amount of negotiating capital was spent to get the restrictions we now enjoy.

But you are correct on your other point: we don't follow the herd.

Any group that would buy their types for an interview, clean cabins etc would have bent over backwards for an extra 50K/year to relax scope. Be thankful that your management was not that stooopid.
Ouch! You cut me to the quick, sir, just as I thought we were finding some common ground. It's not that we come cheap & easy, so much as we are able to learn from other's mistakes. Selling scope for $$$$=bad idea.....look where it got the Delta pilots.

Why does it matter? you seem to always have an agenda.

And you as well.

To answer your question, I wanted to make sure he wasn't referring to me and hadn't misinterpreted some post moderating I did a month or so ago on a non-AAI/SWA thread where people were reporting posts by him that were NOT ToS violations.

They were, indeed, thin-skinned people that couldn't handle the debate and were accusing him of being "aggressive". I think we politely told the people complaining to "suck it up", being aggressive in a debate isn't a ToS violation. Happily, the post reporting for non-ToS violations has, indeed, slowed to a trickle, which means I have to spend less time on here policing the board, which is a good thing... :)

Why does it matter? you seem to always have an agenda.

Lear, for what it's worth, I don't see this. Never have. I'm sure you have your own angle on this and other issues. We all do. Despite that, your posts always seem pretty reasonable and un-emotional to me. As a result, you seem more credible than most others on here (to the extent that posts can have credibility on an anonymous forum). I'm not sure what possesses someone to be a mod (I sure has hell don't want to), but I think you do alright.

Lear, for what it's worth, I don't see this. Never have. I'm sure you have your own angle on this and other issues. We all do. Despite that, your posts always seem pretty reasonable and un-emotional to me. As a result, you seem more credible than most others on here (to the extent that posts can have credibility on an anonymous forum). I'm not sure what possesses someone to be a mod (I sure has hell don't want to), but I think you do alright.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I try to see all angles of a situation, and although I'm personally involved in this one, I'd like to think I can see things from others' point of view, especially since I have quite a few friends over there who are sharing that other point of view with me privately. ;)

That said, I'm not a mod anymore. You're right, it was way more irritation than it was worth. I have dropped off posting in just about ANY capacity lately, except for a joke or a non-SWA/AAI related topic post here and there. I know I'm not going to convince anyone of anything on an anonymous board, and it was causing more trouble than it was solving anything.

Amusingly, people seem to lump me into the pro-relative seniority camp when the only thing I've ever advocated was that I don't think it's fair for our CA's to lose their seat and that we should find something "fair" in between both sides' polar positions. I know some at SWA will disagree with me, which is why I stated I simply prefer to "agree to disagree" as professionals and let our MC's handle it.

I still HOPE the two sides can come to an agreement without arbitration. History shows us that has never happened, but if any two groups can do it, I think ours can.

Best of luck to all of us for a happy and prosperous future! ONE LUV! (and yes, I'm wearing my new lanyard along with the gym swag that SWAPA gave us at the round-up, thanks!) :beer:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back