• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fletch- I apologize if I oversimplified. I have friends at both AT and SWA. All tell me SWA has a tougher hiring process, but much better pay and benefits. I didn't mean to imply one could walk in the door at AT and get a job. You really didn't respond to the question, but rather got focused on what are somewhat irrelevant details. I asked ahead of time to refrain from the emotion. I'm curious what does the AT membership consider fair?

Last edited:
Everyone has their own definition of what is fair. In the end I believe a lot of people won't be happy, on both sides. Luckily I learned not to let money or other people determine my happiness. I will accept whatever is decided and move forward. Having been on a few seniority lists, a few numbers just aren't worth losing sleep over. I leave that to the guys who want to sue for 10 places higher in a nearly 8,000 pilot list. After it's all said and done you have to ask yourself do I want to build a great company or do we want to act like the usair east and west pilots?

FWIW 15 years ago the SWA hiring process wasn't difficult or lengthy. Fortunes come and go. You are doing well now, I hope it continues. If the only change is the AT deal in your career you will be lucky.

I agree with Vance. Why are SWA guys jumping on this public forum with "the latest?" Be smart guys and start a discussion on SE taxi or something else. Let's let our union do it's job in private or public as it decides.

Scuttlebutt is that our single engine taxi procedure is the first change you guys might make to save some $$$. Enjoy! :D

Make sure you guys mention that everyday you are in Dallas, let me know how it pans out. They love input on how you did things at "your other" airline.

Well that's just great, guy! If we get integrated, then what the heck will I do with all the "Guadalupe Holdings" T-Shirts, stickers, plastic wings, plush toys and other assorted merchandise I ordered! With all your wishing for a fair and equitable integration, did you ever consider us shameless profiteers?!?!

That's funny, I'm wondering what to do with all my "I was HIRED, I wasn't Acquired" T-Shirts, stickers, plastic wings, plush toys and other assorted merchandise I ordered!

a big number in your possible paycheck does not do you much good if you get $hitty seniority and end up on the street.

Make sure you guys mention that everyday you are in Dallas, let me know how it pans out. They love input on how you did things at "your other" airline.

While I agree with your statement as it applies to new hires, it's a completely different situation when "your other airline" just got absorbed into SWA.

Maybe the ATN dudes can get the gear pins off our walk-arounds too while they're at it. :beer:

Be glad to. ;)

I'll do it however they want, as long as it's safe. Just think saving money is a GOOD thing. :)

You will do it anyway they want as long as it is safe? Well, that is very nice of you. You will do what they tell you and like it. Who are you to decide if it is safe? You already have a reputation so I would just sit back and keep quiet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back