Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ivauir

SNIKT!
Just got a tweet from SWAPA they are calling it Side Letter 8.

The language is on the SWAPA website. This is just the initial side letter and doesn't wave any part of section 1. So far, I like what I see.

A quick synopsis:

• Guarantees all aircraft, orders, options and deliveries come to Southwest Airlines and pilots on the current SWAPA Master Pilot Seniority List.

• Timing and coverage of the SWAPA CBA – when AirTran pilots receive our contractual benefits

• Manner in which any integrated seniority list will be utilized

• Provides a clear and concise definition of Complete Operational Merger which will be the foundation for when items such as the SWAPA CBA can be extended to AirTran pilots

• It reaffirms that separate operations will not exceed twenty-four months without mutual agreement between Southwest Airlines and SWAPA

• The agreement provides SWAPA the opportunity to open Section 6 negotiations six months prior to the September 1, 2012 amendable date specified in the CBA

• Provides Block Hour protections

• Protects our domicile RON aircraft levels

• Provides additional furlough protection above and beyond that specified in our CBA for up to one year after complete operational merger

• Guarantees the inclusion of SWAPA in the Southwest transitional planning process and allows for expedited arbitration for any disputes resultant to the application of this agreement

No waiver of Section 1? I wonder why that is?

Not yet... I would anticipate another side letter later, as the union alluded to. This was the easy low hanging fruit they could agree to while they work on the rest.

Not yet... I would anticipate another side letter later, as the union alluded to. This was the easy low hanging fruit they could agree to while they work on the rest.

I anticipate something else especially with all that is going on in the news.

• It reaffirms that separate operations will not exceed twenty-four months without mutual agreement between Southwest Airlines and SWAPA

(READ: but we can agree to make it longer)

• Provides additional furlough protection above and beyond that specified in our CBA for up to one year after complete operational merger

(READ: Any furloughs occur on Airtran side only)

• Guarantees all aircraft, orders, options and deliveries come to Southwest Airlines and pilots on the current SWAPA Master Pilot Seniority List.

(READ: All future Airtran deliveries become SWA planes flown by SWAPA pilots with the exception of 2 717 deliveries this year)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back