• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I'm reading says SWAPA CBA won't apply to Airtran pilots until after single operating certificate is approved by FAA.

Actually, even that might be overly optimistic given the actual language.

From page 1 of SL8:

Following the Merger Closing, Southwest and AirTran Airways would each continue to operate as separate air carriers unless and until Southwest combines Southwest and AirTran Airways into a single air carrier.

Tanker Clown, etc.,panic stations at the trannie. This will hit hard with the airtran clan. Talk about swa giving aai the proverbial heisman. ALL growth will be on the swa side. AAI will be operated as a separate entity until they are ready to "play ball". Read muse air. How bad do the aai pilots want to hold out for relative seniority? The swa pilots could care less. Can you say Guadaloupe holdings too expensive to operate = furloughs on the aai side? AAI pilots need to make a decision: how bad do you want this deal to go through?

It is a bitter pill for them but I have no doubt the ALPA job killing machine will keep the fight alive for a long time.

They can stay fenced off for ever I don't care, they wont be happy here anyway under any circumstances.

Great news from SWAPA/SWA

It is a bitter pill for them but I have no doubt the ALPA job killing machine will keep the fight alive for a long time.

They can stay fenced off for ever I don't care, they wont be happy here anyway under any circumstances.

Great news from SWAPA/SWA
I'd rather stay fenced forever than ever have to fly with you.

Latest resources

Back