• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think we have seen this before. Texas Air. Never thought we would have more scabs in the industry then the mid to late 80s with the Cal, Eal and Ual scabs. Looks like we have the potential for 5000+. I mean it sounds familiar. Just sayin.

Looks like you may get your wish
I didn't say I don't want the integration,just don't think I'd like flying with such a venemous and vitriolic personality.Unlike you,I don't paint with such a broad brush of generalization.I know there are many good guys and gals at SWA and this board does not represent them.:beer:

You guys need to know the Railway labor act before posting please.

SWA treats people,, better than some of the post on here. SWA has to honor our CBA too. We have 18 months to be intergrated. SWAPA stated SWA has to work both contracts seperately. putting more money in our 401K too.

It is not that big of pay raise. SWA is telling their people AT FOs will make 50K more a year=complete lie !! Its like 300-450.00 more a trip. The numbers are out there. Figure it out for yourself.

Of course SWA is going to get the 737, think they are going to paint and put on AT side=no.

AT 737s have to do the INTL flying, AT FA have to do the INTL flights.

SWA wants single ceft soon= SWA can not single enging taxi, SWA wants to close this deal quick. Savings of millions every month. They get a training dept. APDs...Maybe SWAPA should be coming to ATL and MCO and see how far ahead tech. AT really is.

Debating it on here isn't going to do any good and isn't going to solve any issues. Best to just let the MC's hash it out.

Ya'll fly safe and have fun out there. ;)

btw SWA can single engine taxi... it is just our policy to taxi from the ramp with two engines running. Majority of our taxi times are less than 10 mins. Most of our flights it doesnt make sense to single engine taxi. While your creaping to the runway with one engine running doing 50 checklists, we are in the air getting our customers to their destination... so where is the savings, really?

Why would your mgt team tell us you can't? They were at AT stating all the things that would change quickly//Single engine taxi, all new employee numbers, reservation system that is up to date, AT is going the way of paperless cockpit..

btw SWA can single engine taxi... it is just our policy to taxi from the ramp with two engines running. Majority of our taxi times are less than 10 mins. Most of our flights it doesnt make sense to single engine taxi. While your creaping to the runway with one engine running doing 50 checklists, we are in the air getting our customers to their destination... so where is the savings, really?
Don't think you've been watching how we operate, not to mention you're obviously not used to the delays we get in ATL (although PHL should be similar when they get really jacked up).

For example, this morning in MCO we cranked one engine, taxied from the gate, were told to follow one of your 737's, turned the corner behind you on Echo, started cranking the other one, had it all done by the time we turned the corner at the end for 35L, you guys were rolling, we were told to line up and wait, took off 90 seconds later. Probably saved 50 pounds of fuel.

Multiply that times 6 legs per day per aircraft average, 300 pounds per aircraft times 150 airplanes (rough numbers for easy math) is 45,000 pounds per day, or 6,750 gallons at an average price of $2.35 per gal is $15,862.50 times 30 days per month is $475,875 savings per month. The actual number from the company is considerably higher as some times you can save 200-300 pounds in ATL and PHL and even more with ground holds.

We don't take delays because of our single engine taxi and save approximately $500k+ a month in fuel, or about $6 Million a year. Multiply that times your fleet size and that fuel savings jumps close to $30 Million a year.

Scuttlebutt is that our single engine taxi procedure is the first change you guys might make to save some $$$. Enjoy! :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back