• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA has a transition agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You will do it anyway they want as long as it is safe? Well, that is very nice of you. You will do what they tell you and like it. Who are you to decide if it is safe? You already have a reputation so I would just sit back and keep quiet.
I wasn't speaking on policy or questioning their safety (I'm sure they are just as safe as any other airline from a procedural standpoint), I was speaking as a professional aviator in general.

If something's not safe, I don't do it. I would expect every, other, respectable professional pilot to do the same thing. In fact, just about every airline's culture is set up for the pilots to catch unsafe practices and report them. That's how policies get changed.

Just because you don't like me doesn't make this simple fact any less true.

No, just a Ex-UAL now AirTran guy. There's actually quite a few of us furloughed guys here...UAL, TWA, USAir, ATA, Midwest, and about 30 retired Delta guys. I read this stuff and try to stay out of it. There is nothing I can do to control any of it, really. Just a pawn along for the ride.

Had a real nice SWA guy on the jumpseat last week to Vegas. We talked a little about the whole seniority list stuff and he summed it up nicely. He said he had his opinion and we had ours, and really there is no point wasting time worrying about it, because what will be will be essentially. Good advice I thought.

Sorry, but there are a lot of people at your airline and the airline you will be at that doesn't like you. But you already know that.

Dude, personal attacks serve absolutely no purpose, except to make yourself look bad and by association, all SWA guys. As far as I have seen, Lear has been very professional and even friendly during these discussions and I, for one, look forward to working with him. Please rein it in.

PapaWoody

WTF!!! GUP! and Scoreboard.... I get all my merger information from this board. I then run to the cockpit and say "my good buddy at SWA told me..." Sometimes I say "Let me tell you how this merger is gonna go... then I rattle off something you say... then I say take it to the bank, its a done deal, papers are already signed"

If you guys stop talking I just have to make stuff up. You guys are jerks and I want ten dollars back, five each, for ruining this board of bloviation.

Latest resources

Back