SWAPA calls all former AirTran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get used to it. It's a merger.

Ask Guadalupe Holdings (airlines) about merger. It is not a merger no matter what the ALPA job killing machine tells you guys.

I will say it again for the hard of hearing SWAPA is buying chain link fence buy the truck load and has located real estate in ATL to erect the citrus RJ corral. The citrus JV squad will be housed inside the wire until they come to their senses take the raise and all else that they have coming to them and stop demanding what is not theirs.

GK and Guadalupe holdings will keep the RJ corral filled with the citrus hold outs until the RJ's are offed and the crews go with them.

Keep the fight alive don't give in and SWAPA better be up for the fight. They better not roll over and give in to the demands of the Clampett's. They are getting a world class deal already and only a bunch of greedy airline pilots would hold out for more.

Keep them fenced forever if that's what it takes, they do not have rights to our left seat.

Cheers Vato's

Last edited:

Ask Guadalupe Holdings (airlines) about merger. It is not a merger no matter what the ALPA job killing machine tells you guys.

I will say it again for the hard of hearing SWAPA is buying chain link fence buy the truck load and has located real estate in ATL to erect the citrus RJ corral. The citrus JV squad will be housed inside the wire until they come to their senses take the raise and all else that they have coming to them and stop demanding what is not theirs.

GK and Guadalupe holdings will keep the RJ corral filled with the citrus hold outs until the RJ's are offed and the crews go with them.

Keep the fight alive don't give in and SWAPA better be up for the fight. They better not roll over and give in to the demands of the Clampett's. They are getting a world class deal already and only a bunch of greedy airline pilots would hold out for more.

Keep them fenced forever if that's what it takes, they do not have rights to our left seat.

Cheers Vato's

You are starting to sound like the female version of Bob Dylan. Come up with something new besides your same tired flame bait broken record skipping material.

A very fair and honest post. I think if I were you, I'd be thinking the same things. Thank you.

I have a question. How did the part of your post that I highlighted come to pass.

D,
He's probably a lance around the 58-60k employee number that got stuck in the right seat when the music stopped in '08. Unless there are CA vacancies added, even though he is senior he can't bump a junior guy out of his seat. However, we downgraded 100 CA's and when those 100 seats get added, seniority will rule in that case. Hope that's clear. Feel free to jump in if that's not correct, MJ.

Cheers,
PW

Cheers Vato's

Why would you want to fence them off, if they did I would think it is safe to say the airline with the lower pilot costs (AT) would get all future expansion and the airline with the higher costs would be frozen (SWA).

If they expanded with the higher cost unit they would be liable to the stockholders and set themselves up for a lawsuit. It would certainly be an effective way to whipsaw the two and lower SWA pilot pay.

Dan,

Normally you assumption would be right, but it's already been stated that ALL new airframes will come over to the SW side. I'd say fences probably are coming down the line. Very little solid info yet, and GK continues to be fairly quiet. Even refusing to talk to the Airtran guys yet.

I would imagine after DOJ approval much more info will be given. Shareholders vote on 3/23, historically DOJ approval within a couple weeks of the vote. Due to anti-trust concerns GK will not speak with ALPA. Rumor is GK is working out an equity share for the SW guys to grease the wheels. Im hearing that both unions will HAVE to submit a realistic initial proposal on on SLI or risk less favorable treatment from the arbitrators.

funnyman,
you're sayin that SWA pilots are going to get stock in holding company or airline in exchange for bending on some form of an SLI such as relative, relative after 1993,DOH after 1993, DOH, Nicholau, or staple?

Latest resources

Back