• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MILF Hunter

Calling all former
AirTran pilots...

There are a significant number of you within our SWAPA ranks, bringing a wide range of experiences from your time at AirTran.
Your unique perspectives will offer valuable insight and we want to hear from you.

PLEASE SEND YOUR NAME AND
HIRE DATES AT EACH AIRLINE TO
[email protected]

This was a half-page ad in our Feb 15 issue of the Reporting Point. I'm hearing the number may be over 100. This is something I doubt any other SLI has dealt with...at least not this large a percentage. SWAPA seems to think there is something significant about this. I wonder if an arbitrator will agree?

Sounds like swapa is getting desperate. Almost like getting opinions from ex-girlfriends. How do you think they are going to answer and do you think the arbitrator will give any merit to their feelings? Pretty weak.

Sounds like swapa is getting desperate. Almost like getting opinions from ex-girlfriends. How do you think they are going to answer and do you think the arbitrator will give any merit to their feelings? Pretty weak.

Is it just the natural human inclination to root for the underdog, which causes so many from the FI peanut gallery (a curious number of whom are or claim to be Delta pilots) to automatically assume the worst from every action that SWA & SWAPA make? :confused:

Based on your statement, I guess it would be smarter for SWAPA to completely ignore these pilots and any insights they may have? :rolleyes:

It sounds to me like Swapa is trying to quantify where the 15% annual attrition rate at AirTran went. If the majority of those guys were leaving, paying $8000 out of their pockets for a type, and giving up seniority to come to the bottom of our list it would be an important fact to make note of.

Any arbitrator would be interested in hearing about the mass exodus from AirTran to SWA during the whole career expectation discussion.

I don't think Swapa sounds desperate at all. I think they sound like they are building a super case to protect my rightful place on the combined seniority list.

Is it just the natural human inclination to root for the underdog, which causes so many from the FI peanut gallery (a curious number of whom are or claim to be Delta pilots) to automatically assume the worst from every action that SWA & SWAPA make? :confused:

Based on your statement, I guess it would be smarter for SWAPA to completely ignore these pilots and any insights they may have? :rolleyes:

Very true, I think it would be wise for ALPA to request from it's members the same type of information from former Southwest pilots who left to go to Delta, United, FedEx, etc. in the 80s and 90s.

Very true, I think it would be wise for ALPA to request from it's members the same type of information from former Southwest pilots who left to go to Delta, United, FedEx, etc. in the 80s and 90s.

I think the total number is 3 but might be as high as 5 but it won't really matter. I think the Arbitrator's question will more appropriately be, "How many left SWA to go to AirTran?" The answer there is zero.

I bet those guys wish they would have stayed at SWA. I also know the former citrus guys that I have flown with were glad to get out and on with us. They have also told me that we have a virus inbound and to get ready for the professional malcontents.

I think the training center and check airmen are going to have a full plate keeping the malcontents in line and getting them up to our standards both in the airplane and in the bar.

The ALPA job killing machine has brainwashed most of them to be sure so get ready for the fight, it will get ugly.

I just saying

I bet those guys wish they would have stayed at SWA. I also know the former citrus guys that I have flown with were glad to get out and on with us. They have also told me that we have a virus inbound and to get ready for the professional malcontents.

I think the training center and check airmen are going to have a full plate keeping the malcontents in line and getting them up to our standards both in the airplane and in the bar.

The ALPA job killing machine has brainwashed most of them to be sure so get ready for the fight, it will get ugly.

I just saying

I would think the former Citrus guys are pissed that they left AirTran because they POSSIBLY might have had better seniority with the SLI if they had stayed. Hindsight and all..........

As far as a fight, the AirTran pilots have none. We understand the process and have no problems accepting the outcome. If you keep up with the threats and intimidation then eventually you will reap what you sow. The irony is that you are eroding on your own, the precious culture you claim to represent. The AirTran pilots are sitting back and scratching our heads at you guys. I'm trying (obviously rather poorly) to try and reason with you guys but the more I read the more I realize you and others like you have already become what you despise from other airlines.

Last edited:
I'm not buying the intent of this thread.

Everyone knows a career at Airtran is no more or less valuable than a career at Southwest. If it were you'd have evidence of 100's or even 1000's of Airtran pilots that quit to advance their careers.

Gup

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back