• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA calls all former AirTran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would think the former Citrus guys are pissed that they left AirTran because they POSSIBLY might have had better seniority with the SLI if they had stayed. Hindsight and all..........

I know there is not a snowballs chance you believe that. It's laughable at best. Guess the Great Lakes guys ought to stay instead of go to a major if called?

Gup

I know there is not a snowballs chance you believe that. It's laughable at best. Guess the Great Lakes guys ought to stay instead of go to a major if called?

Gup

I understand, in your mind you can't get past anything but a staple but I will give it a shot anyway,

Example: An AirTran pilot in the upper half of the seniority list leaves AirTran and is now at the bottom of Southwest's seniority list.

SLI award comes out with his former classmates from AirTran POSSIBLY several numbers senior to him.

Result: If he had stayed at AirTran he would be in a more senior position with the combined list.

Very true, I think it would be wise for ALPA to request from it's members the same type of information from former Southwest pilots who left to go to Delta, United, FedEx, etc. in the 80s and 90s.
Yeah.....but it's 2011 and our situation is different. Would you apply the same logic to a guy that came to SWA after Eastern went down and the only jobs at EAL were for Scabs?

We understand the process and have no problems accepting the outcome.
I wished you believed that, but I don't believe you do. It would make sense to GLADLY accept any outcome because of the obvious benefits.

I'm not buying the intent of this thread.

Everyone knows a career at Airtran is no more or less valuable than a career at Southwest. If it were you'd have evidence of 100's or even 1000's of Airtran pilots that quit to advance their careers.

Gup

No dog in this, just a driveby lurker, but I agree. Besides it doesn't take that much brain power to figure out that there were several UsAirways pilots who took jobs at AmWest during their furlough so it's not all that precedented. I'm sure you could go back through a lot of mergers and find the same. There are probably some UA furloughees at CAL, maybe even some NW people at DAL, etc.

There are probably some UA furloughees at CAL, maybe even some NW people at DAL, etc.

I doubt you find UAL captains leaving to start over at CAL or NW captains leaving for Delta no matter what year in history you look back on.

I'm not buying the intent of this thread.

Everyone knows a career at Airtran is no more or less valuable than a career at Southwest. If it were you'd have evidence of 100's or even 1000's of Airtran pilots that quit to advance their careers.

Gup

Please clarify this for me, Gup...is this sarcasm? Because obviously a career at Southwest is and always has been more valuable than a career at AirTran. Also, there is evidence that 100's of AirTran pilots quit AAI to advance their careers with SWA. Is it a major point? Maybe, maybe not, but I do think that it is one more talking point during the whole "career expectations" discussion.

Fraternally,
PW

I doubt you find UAL captains leaving to start over at CAL or NW captains leaving for Delta no matter what year in history you look back on.

There's a rather 'famous' case of a UAL Captain leaving to go to Jet Blue a few years back. You can probably find something about it if you search on here. It was famous for PR reasons, but it was hardly unique. Life happens, remember all of the people AA tried to fire during their merger because they had previously committed the crime of leaving AA when their future was darker than TWA's?

Latest resources

Back