SWA. "warriors"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are wrong on this Fubi-
The difference is our mgmt means what theysay- while others say things just setting the stage for actions theyre already committed to- I think it's a shot across the bow for those who game the system- but I don't see a change in pay rate for those who are earning their money while we're still profitable-
If we ever do- it'll be a decision we all come to rationally

i was going to stay away from this, but since no one else has said it i will. I really get pissed off when i hear people (athletes, business people, swa employees, whatever) use the term warrior or "going to war" to describe what they are doing. War is what happened 70 years ago today. War is what is happening today in afghanistan. Please don't trivialize it. My last two trips back from overseas included bringing flag draped coffins back to dover afb. That is war. That is real sacrifice.

Jet
+1...

Maybe you missed the memo- but this is something we've all moved on from- and yes- I have enough friends at AT to know that's true from our ATL brothers too-
So here's your choice- go grab a job at ALPA and quit swa and Swapa-
Or accept your newfound irrelevance.
You're a line pilot for swa- IF you can act right moving forward- and bc of your attitude and actions, you won't ever be anything more - so either move on to a less political existence or quit and keep talking about the raw deal you got becoming part of swa- but you'll have a hard time doing both-
I for one- I do wish you would show some integrity and quit- you clearly don't want to be here- so why are you?

There was no vocal minority. It was a majority who wanted that POS deal voted down, and people only claimed to want to vote in hindsight after Gary started making public threats. Monday morning quarterbacking is always easy.

But hey, if you want to give me credit for shooting down that embarrassing deal, then I'm happy to take it. In a few years, you won't be able to find a single former AirTran pilot who will admit to voting for the final deal or wanting to vote on the first.

Maybe you missed the memo- but this is something we've all moved on from

Maybe you missed it, but I wasn't the one who brought it up. You've moved on, but apparently he hasn't.

PCL- wow man. Delusional much?

I just hope that you are able to find your peace with this. Because its very obvious you don't want to come to southwest. So please don't. For all of our sakes, please find some happiness at one of your beloved ALPA carriers. You will be much happier, and I'm thinking, so will we.

And again, for EVERY other AT brother and sister, my hearty welcome!

He brought up that, maybe bc your attitude on this subject (see below) is equally uninformed, inexperienced, and negative as most of your words were during the SLI.
What seems to fall on deaf ears to you is that you might want to get a few years under your belt as a SWA pilot before spouting off your opinion about swa mgmt and what GK is trying to say. It's not about falling in line as much as knowing what you're talking about.

Of course- predictably- your opinion is both off base and paints the swa pilot career in the same negative light that you always have.

I second the poster above- seriously- it's honest- you don't have to give the next 3 decades of your life to an airline you hate- hell, if you could get an alpa hookup at delta, youd make a good living in ALPA heaven- so answer, please- why are you sticking it out?

It's just comical to watch you guys fall all over yourselves to attack anyone who doesn't completely fall in line with the belief that everything will always be perfect at SWA, and no one will ever have to take a single concession. Heaven forbid anyone ever try to inject some reality into the discussion. Carry on with burying your heads in the sand.

I second the poster above- seriously- it's honest- you don't have to give the next 3 decades of your life to an airline you hate- hell, if you could get an alpa hookup at delta, youd make a good living in ALPA heaven- so answer, please- why are you sticking it out?

I don't "hate" Southwest, and I have no intention of going anywhere. Sorry to disappoint you, wave.

Only reason you're disappointing isn't bc you stay- it's your attitude while you stay.
The question wasn't "will you go" it's "WHY do you choose not to?"

Only reason you're disappointing isn't bc you stay- it's your attitude while you stay.
The question wasn't "will you go" it's "WHY do you choose not to?"

That seems a backwards question to me. Why would I choose to leave? I'm based at home, flying an airplane I enjoy flying, with enough seniority in type to hold weekends and holidays off. Why would I ever choose to leave that to start over somewhere else?

I can feel that we got a raw deal in the SLI without hating the company or wanting to leave. I think you'll find that virtually every AirTran pilot fits that description. No one is happy with the SLI. We're just moving on and trying to make the best of it.

Well, try to remember, there are no swa pilots happy about the SLI either and none of us get a pay raise in 3 years- just a 1000 pilots put over the top of me from an airline I could have got on with years before swa- so instead of reliving that, do as I myself do, and remember the 10,000 well qualified that would love to be in class tomorrow under all of us-

But not sure your mentality is proving your statement- which is a pretty human response- look at your posts here- they seem way more negative and anti-swa than most AT pilots I know.

For instance- we don't like the SLI- but do love this company and are positive about the future for everyone on board- you very much don't appear to feel that way

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back