• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA. "warriors"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with GK... except if one thing happens...

If Delta and United pilots get nice raises. They only lost pensions and took 40% pay cuts last time. You would think they would get a nice bump this time around.

When you guys showed up with your W-2 forms at the table thinking it was going to last forever most of us knew better. And I will say that your W-2 forms had nothing to do with the out come of this SLI.

Wow so when your not on the UAL/forums bitching about UAL your slaming SWA. Is it true UAL is closing the DEN base?

Ah sure bro. We will say YOU ARE correct and it's true UAL is closing Den. It can only be due to LUV 'warriors' since they destroy everything in their path. :rolleyes:

It is, and it is disgusting, deeming, cheapens the true intent of the word.

Why not "valued employee", or "hard workers" or "supreme allied members of the Borg".

But warrior? YGBSM.

Disagree, go look at the definition and show us where it says "and also applies to civilians who do a good job".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrior

Completely agreed-just as wearing an American flag tie cheapens the symbol. You'll never see a president, congressman, or senator wearing one. Although you will find kid Rock wearing one on his head.

I'm sorry if this sounds like flame, but does Gary Kelly really refer to you guys as warriors? Do you guys buy that crap or roll your eyes?

Herb called us warriors, Gary calls us cost units.

Get the phuk over yourselves. The term "warrior" is used all the time in motivational terms. Did any of you play highschool football? Thank you for your service, and I mean that sincerely.

Speaking of football: These stoopid SWA comercials are diminishing my enjoyment of the game. I can't get my DVR to erase them quick enough. Customers are figuring out the bag fee (and more) is built into the SWA fare, so they are turning into an even bigger waste of money.

Speaking of football: These stoopid SWA comercials are diminishing my enjoyment of the game. I can't get my DVR to erase them quick enough. Customers are figuring out the bag fee (and more) is built into the SWA fare, so they are turning into an even bigger waste of money.

If you're watching a DVR'd game, why are you watching ANY of the commercials? Thinly disguised, Flopgut, thinly disguised.

Bubba

I have ATT Uverse. I haven't found a way to auto-delete all comercials. I have to have the remote in my hand at all times like I'm playing a video game. Which means I have to either stop eating momentarily, or put down my beer when there is an injury or a timeout.

Herb called us warriors, Gary calls us cost units.

That was pretty much what I was trying to get at with the word "cog".

Pilots, and the rest of labor are JUST cost units/line item costs. Despite the skill, education, training, responsibility, and anything else that goes along with the job of flying plane. At the end of the day, that's ALL pilots are to management. And of the non management employee groups, the BIGGEST one of the group. When times are good, everybody is happy and goes above and beyond to get the job done, you're a "valued asset". When the crap is hitting the fan, or about to hit fan pilots are NOTHING but the opposite.
If anyone ever goes through a concession/displacement(s)/furlough cycle/Ch11 BK, it becomes disgustingly clear.

Despite the displacements that happened at SW a while ago, hopefully the employees of Southwest will NEVER have to go through those processes on the scale that may other companies have.

Latest resources

Back