• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA wants to fly from HOU to MEX and SouthAmerica

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When did continetal ever kick southwest butts. Are you thinking continental lite? Being a former continental guy i'm not to worried about anything you guys can do. Instead of worring about southwest...why dont you get an industry leading contract. Or perhaps try to merge the seniority list with united.

Continental is the most dysfunctional pilot group out there. Flop keep barking....but we all know your pilot group has NO bite!

Sounds good Flop. Why don't you guys just open up 5-6 Gates for us over at Terminal E, and we'll come right on up there. While you're at it, why don't you let TACA, AeroMexico, Air France, Emirates, BA, and KLM park over there too. After all, it isn't fair that Continental spent all of their own money building that beautiful new Terminal to keep it all to themselves now is it?;)

I was referring to the American Airlines bankruptcy speculation, not about SWA. I have a friend in maintenance there who is about to lose his job. Not easy has his wife had a double mastectomy this year, and they have a one year old as well as a couple other kids. I wasn't referring to SWA. Calling one person am idiot is within the TOS, stirring up a whole forum is different. I apologized let's move on.

If I call someone an idiot, I get a week off. Look, understand it is a double standard, and let's move on. I didn't know you knew someone there, how could I know that? Getting mad at me for something I don't know about you and your friend is WRONG. I have actually been through the same thing at my previous company, so I know it sux. And your buddy at SWA was the one who started talking about AA and possible scenarios, not me. Can I not join in on speculation if it is brought up, or do I have to turn my head and go to another thread? And how do you know someone is purposely trying to "stir up" a whole forum? Maybe it's an honest question? There, I feel better.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Yep, tomorrow is a new day. I have been spending much less time on here, and did not follow the thread as closely as others. As I stated before I was wrong to call you an idiot, I apologized, I tried not to play the double standard, and I will take my lumps like a man. I am accountable as well for my interaction on the forum. I did not delete or moderate this thread in recent interactions to my advantage or a perceived bias.

As for those who wonder how we moderate, mostly it is from reported posts, in reference to the TOS. Other users who at times inflame a discussion that destroys a topic have their posts reported more often which draws attention to themselves. It isn't that complicated. Cheers.

When did continetal ever kick southwest butts. Are you thinking continental lite? Being a former continental guy i'm not to worried about anything you guys can do. Instead of worring about southwest...why dont you get an industry leading contract. Or perhaps try to merge the seniority list with united.

Continental is the most dysfunctional pilot group out there. Flop keep barking....but we all know your pilot group has NO bite!

Pbly happened after you left. It was just a few years ago. SWA wanted to run CAL out of CLE because they thought there was some blood in the water. We put hourly M80s into Hobby/CLE market and SWA blinked. We didn't let up until SWA agreed to leave IAH.

I'm sure you guys tell each other a different version. But that's the truth.

BTW: Thank everybody over for being the first to fly with no pension and age 65 and all. You guys are hard core...

Last edited:
Sounds good Flop. Why don't you guys just open up 5-6 Gates for us over at Terminal E, and we'll come right on up there. While you're at it, why don't you let TACA, AeroMexico, Air France, Emirates, BA, and KLM park over there too. After all, it isn't fair that Continental spent all of their own money building that beautiful new Terminal to keep it all to themselves now is it?;)

Well Dude, you're making my point and you don't even realize it.

Do you doubt that you would not be allowed to build your own Terminal E at IAH? Heck no man! The airport would be fine with it. And frankly I would too. Put your corndog next to our airplane and we'll see how it goes? But you've got to pay to play and it's a level playing field. You guys want to build something separate at a separate airport where there is no access for anybody but you. We [CAL] didn't get to knock down the old terminal, or close the gates, or deny anybody access. Not at all. In fact, CAL had to update most of the gates before they were forced to abandon them for other airlines. Build something nice for yourselves at Hobby and then put something suitably equal in place for the competition. The aforementioned TACA and AeroMexico would love to land there and sell against your tickets to Mexico.

You guys don't want to compete.

*edit* You know this post of yours Saluki is very telling. Usually when you build something like terminal E, you are required to provide adequate space for your competition. If it's not there, you put it there. Your airline has always skirted the norm at almost all of you biggest airports. It doesn't even occur to you what it is to have a level playing field, does it? When it really counted, you've always had a gimmee of some sort. For an airline that shamelessly markets itself using it's own employees as 'officials" who throw "flags" at the competition's bag fees, you sure make a great effort at not actually competeing....

Last edited:
Do the pilots at SWA decide what new service will be conducted from which airports? Or is it that pilots from other airlines expect the SWA pilots to go on strike because flying international out of Hobby is somehow taboo? And why would anyone be even remotely surprised by this attempt after SWA bought AT in part for it's international operations?

*edit* You know this post of yours Saluki is very telling. Usually when you build something like terminal E, you are required to provide adequate space for your competition. If it's not there, you put it there. Your airline has always skirted the norm at almost all of you biggest airports. It doesn't even occur to you what it is to have a level playing field, does it? When it really counted, you've always had a gimmee of some sort. For an airline that shamelessly markets itself using it's own employees as 'officials" who throw "flags" at the competition's bag fees, you sure make a great effort at not actually competeing....

Stop crying and grow up. If the city approves it and you want to compete then you can fly from there also.

The thing that cracks me up the most about Flop is that "equal playing field" equals SWA uprooting their operation to move to IAH.

Why aren't you crying about MDW? UACO has a huge operation from ORD....but yet you aren't wailing about MDW's intl ops. Why is that? Surely it's not because a large city can support TWO airports with intl operations, is it?

Why aren't you crying about the LAX area, the NYC area, the bay area? Look at all of that "injustice". City after city being cheated by multiple airports running international operations. It's amazing they are all still in existence.

The posters on this threads are idiots and crony capitalists. On one hand they cry that SWA isn't willing to compete at IAH--and then complaining that IAH can't compete with Hobby. Boo hoo! I can't make it on my own so I'm going to pay off the government to let me win.

Latest resources

Back