• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA wants to fly from HOU to MEX and SouthAmerica

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whatever amount SWA is ahead of the legacies in career dollars [everything] at this time, most legacies were even further ahead (by at least a factor of 2) of SWA at one time.

That really ought to be something you realize, even if you are very young right now...

I might be young and not the brightest, but I do know when I play poker, I look at what I walked away from the table with. I do not look at how much I might have had in front on me at a given time.

I have lost my ass many of times, if I looked at the way you do ,I have always won.

United has 97 percent of the market share in the 12 cities that will most likely be targeted by SWA. I bet GK's pupils turned into dollar signs like mine did when he read that...

It's been that way for a long time. Too long, in fact, for you to act like this is only now occuring to GK. He is not opportuning the market domination UAL has, so much as he is opportuning the age old SWA airport stunt. He knows he would have never got the city council to buy off on an international Hobby if CAL were still in town. And he also knows if he has to park airplanes right next to us and sell directly against us, he might not win. That is what this is about.

I might be young and not the brightest, but I do know when I play poker, I look at what I walked away from the table with. I do not look at how much I might have had in front on me at a given time.

I have lost my ass many of times, if I looked at the way you do ,I have always won.

I don't know anything about poker. I do know football. And I know if I've been disciplined in training, I've practiced well, and I've done my homework, I can beat the guy across the line of scrimage from me.

I can't beat a guy who won't line up with me. SWA knows this and they won't line up. They've gone to the refs and they want them to decide it.

It's been that way for a long time. Too long, in fact, for you to act like this is only now occuring to GK. He is not opportuning the market domination UAL has, so much as he is opportuning the age old SWA airport stunt. He knows he would have never got the city council to buy off on an international Hobby if CAL were still in town. And he also knows if he has to park airplanes right next to us and sell directly against us, he might not win. That is what this is about.

Your right. But again, your feed is out of IAH and ours will be out of HOU. So why wast our time with out the feed? We would lose in IAH and you would in HOU.

And mountains were put on earth only for skiers and not snowboarders right? Old thinking versus new thinking. I absolutely agree that there is politics at play. But United accepted that risk when they made the command decision to HQ in Chicago.

Your right. But again, your feed is out of IAH and ours will be out of HOU. So why wast our time with out the feed? We would lose in IAH and you would in HOU.

And mountains were put on earth only for skiers and not snowboarders right? Old thinking versus new thinking. I absolutely agree that there is politics at play. But United accepted that risk when they made the command decision to HQ in Chicago.

Perfect Gentlemen: Makes my point. The arguement here is: Who made a bigger mistake? SWA chose the non-international airport at Hobby, and UAL moved CAL hdqts to ORD. If the city council is smart and cooler heads prevail, the smart decision will be made.

No flop, it's a really dumb argument-
You chose IAH, bc you needed a big airport that could handle widebodies and your hub and spoke congestion. It's way out away from the city and not where we wanted to do business - hobby works for us- we don't care what united wants to do- you operate out of the airport you want to, we'll operate out of the one we want to-
But it's really stupid to say that nothing can change, and we aren't free to build up and do what's best for swa-

I do think I'm done with this thread though- we're all arguing with one guy- and he's stuck on repeat-
Show us an agreement Houston had that says all international flying would be done out of IAH- and there's a reason we're having to make our case- until then I'm a bit resentful that we even have to go through this process

I don't know anything about poker. I do know football. And I know if I've been disciplined in training, I've practiced well, and I've done my homework, I can beat the guy across the line of scrimage from me.

I can't beat a guy who won't line up with me. SWA knows this and they won't line up. They've gone to the refs and they want them to decide it.

So you say this is like football and one team will not come out and play.
You have completely lost your marbles

Show us an agreement Houston had that says all international flying would be done out of IAH- and there's a reason we're having to make our case- until then I'm a bit resentful that we even have to go through this process

I love it. You are "resentful" the City of Houston might want to have a say in how things get done in Houston?! I think you should send that into the Chronicle. Let Houstonians know that you don't think they are equipped to run their city.

IAH is not a congested airport. It's the 7th largest in the US and it has almost zero delays by comparison. That is just you blurting out the normal SWA BS-speak.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back