• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA wants to fly from HOU to MEX and SouthAmerica

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds good there flopnuts. SWA fly all int'l out of IAH and United will fly all domestic out Hobby. Tell me your not that ignorant that the fourth biggest market in the US can't support 2 airports.

Don't you guys already fly your planes to San Salvador for big MX? Is it fun? It is tropical, but I wouldn't be so excited if I were you. It will be different than Islip or Midway, but going to Quito or Bogota might be interesting the first time, but layovers out there are probably a security headache. Mexico City isn't as fun as it used to be (I do at least 1 layover there a month it seems), and you always have to watch yourselves South of the border. Have fun with that.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Tell me your not that ignorant that the fourth biggest market in the US can't support 2 airports.

No, it can't. Why kneecap the design of the Houston Airports system? Why screw with the ATC setup? Why do dozens of airlines from all over the world that use IAH have to see their airport dynamic screwed with?

Look, this is extremely "poor form" on the part of SWA... You would have a better case if it were not for the fact that SWA used to fly out of IAH. There is no one in Houston that does not know Continental ran you out of there.

Why would SWA want to compete on a level playing field? So they can lose money? I'm just a dumb pilot and even I know better than that!

LA has multiple airports that fly internationally, Chicago also with MDW and ORD, NYC also.

Competition is good. I wpredict that in 5 yrs SWA will have one of the terminals @ DFW (20+ gates with flights to MEX and Carib. The amendment will be changed again to allow this.

Love will be domestic only and will max out in flight for gates within 18 months of the restrictions being lifted in 2014.

We're not going to DFW...we'd have to give up as many gates at DAL as we had at DFW per the agreement to get rid of the Wright Amd.

you read that AA might not be around in it's current form, so maybe the DFW airport authority would be more than happy to help promote SWA coming on over and relaxing those pesky uncompetitive restrictions.

you read that AA might not be around in it's current form, so maybe the DFW airport authority would be more than happy to help promote SWA coming on over and relaxing those pesky uncompetitive restrictions.

AA will probably be around, combined with US. DFW is their prized jewel. Even if they have to give up a hub or two to help finance the deal (rumors have DL interested in the MIA hub), they will probably keep DFW, and have lower costs at the same time due to their BK. That means you will have a new LCC to deal with in Texas.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

But with a much smaller footprint.

AA could have their pilots fly for free and it would still have a higher CASM than SWA.

I find it in very poor taste speculating about a company in bankruptcy. There are people who's lives are impacted greatly by this event, and speaking about rumor to serves nothing here on a thread that isn't about that company?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back