SWA wants to fly from HOU to MEX and SouthAmerica

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But with a much smaller footprint.

AA could have their pilots fly for free and it would still have a higher CASM than SWA.

There might be a smaller footprint, but BKs tend to make them more profitable eventually. They drop leases, airport fees, planes they don't need, and unfortunately freeze pensions in their case. That all adds up to lowering that CASM, and that will make it tougher on you. GK said that as much in that memo or article after your Airtran deal was completed. It won't be easier.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I find it in very poor taste speculating about a company is bankruptcy. There are people who's lives are impacted greatly by this event, and speaking about rumor to serves nothing here on a thread that isn't about that company?

I just said it was a rumor, and I have heard them, along with articles in the media. Some of those rumors may benefit the AA pilots, getting them away from their own management. I never said anyone would lose a job. Some may want the option to go with another airline as a merger partner.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

In one post you mention smaller footprint, and the next you try to justify the crap out of your mouth. Your an idiot.

"Your an idiot" ? Is this from the moderator or just you personally? A smaller footprint could include planes they had parked, but were still paying leases on. I believe they were still paying on some Fokkers that had been parked years ago. That is a perk of BK. Can you believe that could be a possibility?

Godspeed!

The OYSter

But with a much smaller footprint.

I find it in very poor taste speculating about a company in bankruptcy. There are people who's lives are impacted greatly by this event, and speaking about rumor to serves nothing here on a thread that isn't about that company?

I just said it was a rumor, and I have heard them, along with articles in the media. Some of those rumors may benefit the AA pilots, getting them away from their own management. I never said anyone would lose a job. Some may want the option to go with another airline as a merger partner.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

In one post you mention smaller footprint, and the next you try to justify the crap out of your mouth. Your an idiot.

I know SWA is the sacred cow on here, but come on! How does a MODERATOR not get this right? Do you even read SWA pilot's posts? Or do you just give them the benefit of the doubt? The first guy who mentioned a "smaller footprint" for AA is a SWA guy. Hey ASADFW7: how does that not make YOU the idiot?

All in all, with this Hobby thing, it actually bodes well for the new UAL (and everybosy else). I thought SWA would have the wearwithall to start intl flights in legitimate manner. To find out they can't do it without another airport hustle, means they are weaker than I thought. It will be fought, but SWA might get the go-ahead. The corrupt Texas airport deal is SWA's wellspring, and Houston is not happy with UAL moving hdqrtrs to Chicago (even though we are still one of the largest employers in town).

Last edited:
I know SWA is the sacred cow on here, but come on! How does a MODERATOR not get this right? Do you even read SWA pilot's posts? Or do you just give them the benefit of the doubt? The first guy who mentioned a "smaller footprint" for AA is a SWA guy. Hey ASADFW7: how does that not make YOU the idiot?

All in all, with this Hobby thing, it actually bodes well for the new UAL (and everybosy else). I thought SWA would have the wearwithall to start intl flights in legitimate manner. To find out they can't do it without another airport hustle, means they are weaker than I thought. It will be fought, but SWA might get the go-ahead. The corrupt Texas airport deal is SWA's wellspring, and Houston is not happy with UAL moving hdqrtrs to Chicago (even though we are still one of the largest employers in town).

I can't tell if the MODERATOR was the one saying "YOUR AN IDIOT" or if it was ASADFW7 himself. I have to tread lightly.

As far as the Hobby thing goes, I just can't see 6 daily SWA 737s flying to Bogota from HOU. I guess it would be something different for those guys, but if they are excited about it now, let them do a couple MEX layovers and see if the attitude changes after that. Not that fun, trust me. Now Hawaii, that may be fun for them, but Mexico and South (except CUN), not so much.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

It's going to be the city of HOU to lose, if so, my bet all international shifts to AUS or SAT. Their gain, HOU better choose wisely.

I find it in very poor taste speculating about a company in bankruptcy. There are people who's lives are impacted greatly by this event, and speaking about rumor to serves nothing here on a thread that isn't about that company?
Is the moderator speaking or asadfw7 who obviously has a stake in the game speaking?

I thought he might actually be correcting Scoreboard, and then he snapped at you [On Your Six]. Maybe some posts got alterred, but it doesn't look like it.

As far as SWA actually flying outside the country, I don't care. They just need to get in line like the rest of us and play by the rules. If Hobby is going to have Intl departures then the facilities need to be made available to all of us. I can assure you, that is not their intention. SWA exists only by what it did at Love Field. It was just a matter of time before they tried the same thing again.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back