• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA wants to fly from HOU to MEX and SouthAmerica

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last time I checked, SWA didn't have a monopoly at HOU. We compete with JetBlue, Frontier, Delta, and American. Out of DAL we compete with United and Delta, and out of MDW we compete with Frontier, Delta, Volaris, and Porter. Hardly what I would call a monopoly out of any of those Airports, and certainly no more of a monopoly than what United already has at IAH.

After the last 12 years, all I want to do is see my airline continue to square off with SWA. I don't care what airport. I don't care which direction. I'm sick of you running away.

Don't take it so personally. Chill & go have a beer.

Last time I checked, SWA didn't have a monopoly at HOU. We compete with JetBlue, Frontier, Delta, and American. Out of DAL we compete with United and Delta, and out of MDW we compete with Frontier, Delta, Volaris, and Porter. Hardly what I would call a monopoly out of any of those Airports, and certainly no more of a monopoly than what United already has at IAH.

Yeah.... Ok, I know you're just playing dumb. A few facts: There are 11 foriegn airlines that use IAH. What your airline is desiring of is being the only airline flying scheduled international flights out of HOU. We don't need to google "monopoly" to know you are full of crap.

UCH Holdings is pretty big at IAH. It happens to be a L-CAL hub and we are the city's second largest employer. I work for Continental; That's what my contract says. And although it would appear this merger is a done deal, you never know in aviation. It would be real easy to sell L-CAL out of UCH Holdings, and even easier to break-up L-UAL, since at this point they don't even have an operating certificate. I continue to hold onto that as a possibility until I get a contract. I prefer to debate this as though I'm still a CAL pilot.

Flop, you need to look up monopoly, because what is occuring at IAH is a monopoly.

There is not a single definition of monopoly that does not use the word "exclusive". What is exclusive about what we have at IAH? A monopoly, exclusive use of HOU for Intl flights, is exactly what you are asking the city of Houston to give you.

Flop, one question? Would you like direct competition from SWA out of IAH or HOU, for international flights? If IAH explain why.

I heard the Houston city council is pretty pissed the CAL corporate offices were all moved to Chicago (how many jobs lost for the city?). Could get interesting.

FLOP, by definition, forcing all international out of IAH instead of allowing it to also occur at HOU is a monopoly.

That is exactly like a shopping mall saying you can only sell shoes out of one store and not another, even if that other company will foot the bill to build the new store.

Sorry if this spills your milk.

I heard the Houston city council is pretty pissed the CAL corporate offices were all moved to Chicago (how many jobs lost for the city?). Could get interesting.

And if they don't watch it, maybe IAH might become the next MEM or CVG. You can bring in Virgin America or whoever else, but if UAL decides to take out some widebodies and let DEN do it instead, that could cost the city bigtime. BIGTIME...... I doubt you will buy widebodies to take over.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

FLOP, by definition, forcing all international out of IAH instead of allowing it to also occur at HOU is a monopoly.

That is exactly like a shopping mall saying you can only sell shoes out of one store and not another, even if that other company will foot the bill to build the new store.

Sorry if this spills your milk.

Way back when maybe the city taxed the citizens to build a bigger, INTL, airport called IAH? HOU was deemed to small, and that is why they built it. Somebody paid for that airport to be built, primarily for INTL flights. Many people think you guys often try to bend the rules and try to do things your way, without having to pay for it. Next, maybe you'll want to do Dallas Love flights to INTL destinations? Tell me that's not true.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back