SWA took one step closer to being a regional carrier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
airlinepilot said:
If you really think the grass is greener at Fed ex.....or any place else, then don't let the door hit you the %$$#@@

The grass at FedEx may be greener but you'll never see it because it is perpetually night time.

RJ_Driver said:
You gotta be kidding, right? Are you that hell bent on SWA that you think FedEX is a bad place. Give a rest dude.

I think you misunderstood me.... FedEx is a great place. My intention was to say that 7S3W7A needs to leave SWA by any means possible. However, since it seems he is not actually employed by SWA, that would be difficult. My apologies if you thought I was slamming FedEx in any way.

7S3W7A said:
We just implemented our new work rule changes...

Broken language. Its a test with a predetermined re-vote date.

whatever dude...... you must be a HOMO hanging on ever single word I type. How about hyperTOOL as your word.

The grass at FedEx may be greener but you'll never see it because it is perpetually night time.
Lol!
Why is it a stretch to call SW a regional? It is a regional in definition of what kind of flying it does. It also happens to be the best airline in the country. Just because most regionals fly RJ's and have work rules/pay less than Southwest doesn't mean Southwest doesn't do the same kind of flying I do in my sleek Emb145XR (sarcasm added for effect). The only real difference in physical flying aspect is the transcons.
Even if you lost some days off, which is a bummer your still better off than most. As stated earlier, you still haven't been added to the long list of pilots who took 10-20% pay cuts. Seems like every company is trying to get PSB lately. Good luck guys. I know you'll come to a conclusion that is in the best interest of everyone.

Mr Hat said:
Why is it a stretch to call SW a regional?

I guess you could call every airline a regional.

RedBelly said:
I think you misunderstood me.... FedEx is a great place. My intention was to say that 7S3W7A needs to leave SWA by any means possible. However, since it seems he is not actually employed by SWA, that would be difficult. My apologies if you thought I was slamming FedEx in any way.

Understood. Thanks for the word and no offense taken. (I don't even work for them, but thanks for being polite.)

IMHO, the company made a huge mistake with this letter. By using more guys for more days a month, they get rid of a little of the open time, but also have less guys to work the open time that is left over. The "win win" situation is to rig all flying, and pay a minimum for showing up for work.

My J.A. phone has rung more in the last 3 weeks than it has in the last 10 years.

Latest resources

Back