Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had a pro standards guy on the JS, and he had some interesting insights...

- back in the day of shorter upgrade time, most of the pro standard issues were with the CPs, but since "it is hard to hide your inner a-hole for 10+ years" the Pro-stan issues are 50-50 split between the seats...

- there was one fist fight between an FAT and a RSW FO, a while back...

- there have been issues with RSW flying with FAT...did not elaborate...

- His opinion: Company is waiting for the integration to be complete, and then will look to make an example of someone on the RSW and FAT side...right now the FATs have a longer rope than the RSWs...but that will change when the transition is complete.

Better play nice, just passing this along...

You might need to clarify for the rest of the industry about SWAPA Pro Stand.

They are a worthless paper tiger, that only protect the weak. Some on PS have been the biggest problem child

Look up worthless idiot in Websters . SWAPA pro standards will come up.

Had a pro standards guy on the JS, and he had some interesting insights...

- back in the day of shorter upgrade time, most of the pro standard issues were with the CPs, but since "it is hard to hide your inner a-hole for 10+ years" the Pro-stan issues are 50-50 split between the seats...

- there was one fist fight between an FAT and a RSW FO, a while back...

- there have been issues with RSW flying with FAT...did not elaborate...

- His opinion: Company is waiting for the integration to be complete, and then will look to make an example of someone on the RSW and FAT side...right now the FATs have a longer rope than the RSWs...but that will change when the transition is complete.

Better play nice, just passing this along...

Ha! Ha!, I'm guessing it's the same guy who is taking pictures in men's bathrooms?!

Go back to using "Bob Dylan" as your screen name, way funnier, brah.....

just passing along info, the picture guy was former culture committee dude...I wasn't real smart on how the pro standards works, apparently the chief pilots nominate guys to the committee...they want folks they can work with...any way the idea is to intercede, and work out the issue with the parties involved and the chief pilot to avoid discipline...

SWAPA does not have the cojones to fight SWA. Sad but True. OH, OH, Metallica, nevermind, lost my thought. I am concerned and think SWAPA is way outplayed.

Dear Baked,

When I said this, Bubba threw his toys out of the pram and had a tamper tantrum. I just don't understand ...... Then he said I'd been "noted". Which sounds very ominous. :D

"You labeled me, I'll label you, so I dub thee unforgiven".

Cheers.

I have no idea what you're talking about
Seriously-
I'm not talking about changing anything about our current payscale or taking away rewards of being topped out or senior-
I'm just saying we set a rate for the widebody and combine it in with our 737 rates-
Lets just make math easy - we buy 50 787's- new rate $250 a trip- 700 737's at $200/trip= blended rate for all pilots of $203.33
(X-50*$250=$12,500; Y-700*$200=$140,000; $140k+$12.5k=$152,500/750 a/c= $203.33 tfp)
If we eventually get 300 wide bodies, then that's $215tfp

That's a cunning plan Wave. You've given everybody a 1.5% pay raise to stop a wide body rate for 50 aircraft. Then a 7% raise to run 300 wide bodies ?

You'll have the full support of somebody, that's for sure.

No, I'm not down with brown.

Yeah- but I like their payscale- do the flying you want to do- not what you're financially pressured to do.

(You should get used to me being correct, btw- just tends to be that way;). )

That's a cunning plan Wave. You've given everybody a 1.5% pay raise to stop a wide body rate for 50 aircraft. Then a 7% raise to run 300 wide bodies ?

You'll have the full support of somebody, that's for sure.

You do understand that the money mgmt pays out is the same either way, right?
Or are you showing off your stupid? I do that now and then too- it's alright

Yeah- but I like their payscale- do the flying you want to do- not what you're financially pressured to do.

(You should get used to me being correct, btw- just tends to be that way;). )

Yeah sure, but could you imagine doing Adopt-a-Pilot in that uniform? And yes, before you write it, most people would dress up in a clown costume for a phat stack. Not me though, I don't roll like that.

stupid? I do that now and then too- it's alright

Ain't that the truth - You just suggested a pay raise of 1.5% for the entire pilot group, to allow the 'worlds most profitable airline' to fly 50 wide bodies.

Perhaps you should stick to workout tips and recipes. What's next Wave ? Spread Captain wages amongst the entire group because you don't want to upgrade ?

Muppet.

Latest resources

Back