Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll echo the earlier post..

I sincerely hope your future at SWA ends up better than you are anticipating it will.

I think you'll enjoy flying the line with OSW guys, just the same as I look forward to flying with the former AirTran guys. I had plenty of anger issues myself about this deal but it's long over and decided for us..so I'm over it. Good luck when you come over. Bring a good liver. You'll need it.

This(!)^^^

I'm not sure where you get THIS idea. The DOJ's only concern is anti-trust issues. If Southwest had said they were getting RID of most of AirTran's aircraft, they would have had even LESS of a concern.

Bubba

You proved my point. Would getting rid of a competitive airline be in the best interest of the public?

Not that this should be of any concern to you, but since you asked, I'm going to conduct myself exactly as I do now. I come to work, fly my trip then go the F home and partake one or more of my many leisure activities. If someone asks my opinion about a certain topic, I'll give it. If they want to talk about football, that's fine too.

This company will never have my respect or loyalty and that should surprise nobody. You can't lie, cheat and steal and expect your employees to respect you.
As far as I can tell there are at least a thousand of us over here that feel the same way.

Sadly for you, there are many here who will love to hear you talk this way. We have plenty of FO's that are so pissed at this acquisition, they will see joy in the fact that you are so miserable. Nice job! :rolleyes:

Sadly for you, there are many here who will love to hear you talk this way. We have plenty of FO's that are so pissed at this acquisition, they will see joy in the fact that you are so miserable. Nice job! :rolleyes:

You could have determined fairly where neutrals would have placed the AT guys on your list, but you chickened out. You could have proven your stance in a fair setting, but for some reason your group decided against that....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Who's CEO sold their POS airline that was heavily debt loaded, couldnt afford $80 pbl oil, couldnt afford our rates and you FATS were ready to strike on. Yeah it sounded just peachy at AirTran. Live in your miserable world Dc9. Sounds like you are just an unhappy individual. Before you start with you growth and order garbage. Do a little research on the direction and health of your once wonderful company. Not the fluff ALPO wants you to believe. Not to mention the stronger Delta and SWA. I am sure AirTran would have been the powerhouse some of you think it would have been.

Last edited:
No matter which side of this you are on, if you are angry at the other side, they are winning. Trust me, anger holds you hostage to those you are angry at. This was not directed at anyone in particular. :)

No matter which side of this you are on, if you are angry at the other side, they are winning. Trust me, anger holds you hostage to those you are angry at. This was not directed at anyone in particular. :)

And the problem was your management took sides, which was a bad idea. Had arbitration happened, your side could have pointed out all of the perceived deficiencies of the other side, and the arbitrators would have ruled accordingly, right? Isn't that what your side was so confident about? (How great your side was compared to AT). So, if that was the case, then arbitration would have validated your side's ego. Instead, one side was faced with two opponents in the SLI deal, and that is why some feel the way they do. That was not the way other airlines handled it, the pilots were left to handle it via the courts. That way, management isn't involved and loyalty has a good chance of remaining intact.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL- you completely missed my point but I forgive you!:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well, SW and AT management had different answers to the old Machiavellian question, "is it better to be loved or feared?". I hope SW continues with the love approach.....
SWA management has moved handily into the fear realm. Make no mistakes, but like its been said, the people at the worker bee level are still good. it will take at least another five maybe tens years for management to kill the love.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back