SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, seriously,

You guys are STILL talking about this? Really?

Training numbers for 2013:
123 ATL 717 Captains
143 ATL 717 FO
21 ATL 737 Captains
25 ATL 737 FO
18 MCO 737 Captain
14 MCO 737 FO
14 MKE 737 Captain
3 MKE 737 FO
Total 361 to SWA transition for 2013.

So that leaves 1000 plus pilots that have to be trained in 2014.
So much for the expedited training schedule.
Senior ATL 737 FO's unable to transition as there are only 25 slots for the entire year, meaning that pilots who are years junior will transition first. Super.

Wait. Isn't that good news? You get to enjoy your senority before you get 'screwed' when you have to transition and are forced into a SWA uniform.

I thought most of wanted to stay til the last day and avoid the hosing you're getting. Right?

I'm so confused.

Wait. Isn't that good news? You get to enjoy your senority before you get 'screwed' when you have to transition and are forced into a SWA uniform.

I thought most of wanted to stay til the last day and avoid the hosing you're getting. Right?

I'm so confused.

No actually most of us don't.
Our schedules continually get worse as flying is removed. As a commuting FO there is nothing to be gained by staying on the AT side.
Seems you're easily confused.

Last edited:

I'm so confused.

I don't know about most, but there will be a group fighting over who will turn the lights off and others that are putting it off as long as possible.

Brit, what hire dates are those jr folks?

That will depend on who bids the training slots. The most junior FO's are on the 717.
There are already guys who have transitioned that are junior to me. I am a 7 year ATL 737 FO and I won't be able to go until 2014 at the earliest.
That is a big loss of pay as well.

Last edited:
That will depend on who bids the training slots. The most junior FO's are on the 717.
There are already guys who have transitioned that are junior to me. I am a 7 year ATL 737 FO and I won't be able to go until 2014 at the earliest.
That is a big loss of pay as well.

Now I'm really confused. I thought leaving AT for SWA was a paycut? Thats what I hear all the time. I think its becuase they don't understand our open time system.

Now I'm really confused. I thought leaving AT for SWA was a paycut? Thats what I hear all the time. I think its becuase they don't understand our open time system.

For a Captain going to SWA it is a pay cut.
For an AT FO it will be a pay raise.
Got it now?

For a Captain going to SWA it is a pay cut.
For an AT FO it will be a pay raise.
Got it now?

Still don't believe it. I thought we were all good at math?

Latest resources

Back