• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It just seems the vocal AAI pilots on FI represent a minority view...and their efforts to paint SWA as "dishonest" and un-luving is so much smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that their ilk are the reason AAI pilots left 100 mil on the table...and are losing CP seats..,

The outcome of SLI1 or 2 is about the same with the departure of the 71's. WN mgmt have publicly said they could not have afforded SLI1 (RM said it at the road show before the SLI2 vote), if that is the case, they'd have used any number of loopholes to get out of it, if it's not the case, they lied. You be the judge.

Bottom line is even if SIA 1 went out for a vote on the Airtran side...and lets say it passed....most people i've talked with say it wouldn't have passed on the SWA side...so we would probably have the same deal at Airtran that we have now anyway.

The deal is the deal. We all have a choice how we move forward. Moving ahead with a good attitude does not mean that you like how this went down (both sides). That just means that you are a professional and you realize that you are just a cog in the wheel. I have my opinions, but I will never dismiss the opinions/feelings of another pilot about this deal. A lot of people's cheese was moved. Some got better deals than others. That is the nature of this type of business decision. Best of luck to all and hopefully SWA will allow all of us to retire with a couple sheckles in our pockets.

The outcome of SLI1 or 2 is about the same with the departure of the 71's.
I guess you forgot about the 9 yr CA Retention slots, 9 yr priority for all ATL vacancies (for both seats), minimum number of ATL RON aircraft, and of course the April 2012 pay raise.

WN mgmt have publicly said they could not have afforded SLI1 (RM said it at the road show before the SLI2 vote), if that is the case, they'd have used any number of loopholes to get out of it, if it's not the case, they lied. You be the judge.
The pay raise was to go into effect 4/1/2012 (start of Q2). SWA made a $485 million operating profit in Q2 2012. The AirTran pay raise would have cost SWA $20-25 million per quarter. Seems affordable to me. Not sure the B717 would have very profitable at $3/gallon Jet A and $220/hr for CA though.

How come our mechanics are happily on economic parity with their SWA brothers? Why isn't Gary Kelly climbing through loop holes not to pay AirTran mechanics SWA pay?

I guess you forgot about the 9 yr CA Retention slots, 9 yr priority for all ATL vacancies (for both seats), minimum number of ATL RON aircraft, and of course the April 2012 pay raise.

Even AC and CJ blew holes in your so-called "protections." The merger attorney agreed with them that there were serious flaws. I'd hate to see what corporate labor attorneys could have done with it.

How come our mechanics are happily on economic parity with their SWA brothers? Why isn't Gary Kelly climbing through loop holes not to pay AirTran mechanics SWA pay?

Because mechanic payroll amounts to a few million bucks, and pilot payroll amounts to $400 million.

Latest resources

Back