• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who is we? is right. There were plenty of us that knew SWA management were cut throat. All one has to do is read SWA history. SWA wanted only 4 things, international, ATL, 737's, and get rid of the competition. Mainly to get rid of the competition. GK never wanted the 717. He made that perfectly clear after DOCC every time he was asked about them. Why the union never confronted him on that one I'll never know.

He was making us transition bid on a plane that he openly said he was trying to get rid of! The MEC never asked why? That's a different story, but none the less, mind boggling.

The real mistake that was made was putting blind faith in documents such as Bond MacAskill and our process agreement. All of those meant nothing if the 717's went away. Not one MEC member came forth and said what the risks were if this scenario unfolded. Most just chose to say, "he's bluffing." It was the blind leading the blind. Just refer to the same old ALPA spent playbook of failed mergers. Business as usual.

Who is we? is right. There were plenty of us that knew SWA management were cut throat. All one has to do is read SWA history. SWA wanted only 4 things, international, ATL, 737's, and get rid of the competition. Mainly to get rid of the competition. GK never wanted the 717. He made that perfectly clear after DOCC every time he was asked about them. Why the union never confronted him on that one I'll never know.

He was making us transition bid on a plane that he openly said he was trying to get rid of! The MEC never asked why? That's a different story, but none the less, mind boggling.

The real mistake that was made was putting blind faith in documents such as Bond MacAskill and our process agreement. All of those meant nothing if the 717's went away. Not one MEC member came forth and said what the risks were if this scenario unfolded. Most just chose to say, "he's bluffing." It was the blind leading the blind. Just refer to the same old ALPA spent playbook of failed mergers. Business as usual.

Blah, Blah, Blah . . .

I disagree with you on pretty much every of your points, but it's not worth the time to debate you on it. :rolleyes:

So, have a nice life, buddy. I know I will.

The MC was consistent from July 16th through August 18th in strongly recommending to the MEC to allow our pilots to vote in light of what was said by Gary Kelly at the July 14th meeting. No Thursday afternoon quarterbacking here :)

That's quite an accolade. The MC was consistent for 33 days. Impressive.

Like I said, it's over.

There were expectations on both sides that were not met. While we could spend the rest of our lives debating whether those expectations were realistic, it's just not worth it.

We'll adjust, we'll move on, we'll find a happy place, do our jobs, and go on with our lives, and that's all that can be expected of us, truth be told.

Everything else is just a distraction. Sorry I got pulled in again. :beer:

Blah, Blah, Blah . . .

I disagree with you on pretty much every of your points, but it's not worth the time to debate you on it. :rolleyes:

So, have a nice life, buddy. I know I will.

So enlighten me TY. The 717s ARE leaving. You can't deny or debate that.

Like I said, it's over.

There were expectations on both sides that were not met. While we could spend the rest of our lives debating whether those expectations were realistic, it's just not worth it.

We'll adjust, we'll move on, we'll find a happy place, do our jobs, and go on with our lives, and that's all that can be expected of us, truth be told.

Everything else is just a distraction. Sorry I got pulled in again. :beer:

Sorry you got pulled in but yet spend much time instigating more disenchantment with those on this board? You may be transparent to others but not to me. You are defined as a manipulator.

"We", are mostly on this board. All the others I have met on line both pilots and flight attendants seem very happy. Specifically stating how great SWA treats their employees compared to how AT did.

I know, I know, they are are lying because they are afraid. :rolleyes:

Sorry you got pulled in but yet spend much time instigating more disenchantment with those on this board?
I don't instigate anything. You trying to paint me into that corner isn't going to work.

You may be transparent to others but not to me. You are defined as a manipulator.
Only in your eyes and maybe 2 or 3 other people on here. The simple truth is that you don't like anyone who doesn't "rah rah" about Southwest. That's fine, you don't have to like me. But the simple fact that others don't see the same thing you do in my posts should be your big sign... you know, the sign that says maybe you need to re-think your "label"?

Just a thought. ;) I pretty much don't care whether you think so or not (or much of anyone else on here), I just have no interest in seeing history re-written to something it was not.

"We", are mostly on this board. All the others I have met on line both pilots and flight attendants seem very happy. Specifically stating how great SWA treats their employees compared to how AT did.

I know, I know, they are are lying because they are afraid. :rolleyes:
No, they're simply being non-confrontational in their job setting because they're professionals.

Professionals don't stir the pot like you do. But thanks for your input! So glad you're here... (that's passive-aggressive again in case you still don't understand the definition). :D

How could anyone with an ounce of knowledge of SWA's 40 year history of their business model strongly consider that the 717's didn't fit.

I thought it at least a good possibility that SWA would either quickly, or slowly retire, or find new homes, for the bastard aircraft in their fleet.

How about we ACT like we are on the same team and move on. NOTHING is going to change. How about we all grow up a bit here and act like the professionals we expected to be treated as such. Or continue to be our own worst enemy.

There is a section 6 going on here that ALL of us will be working under. A far more important reason to be unified than dwelling about the past.

Good luck to us all.

I don't instigate anything. You trying to paint me into that corner isn't going to work.

Only in your eyes and maybe 2 or 3 other people on here. The simple truth is that you don't like anyone who doesn't "rah rah" about Southwest. That's fine, you don't have to like me. But the simple fact that others don't see the same thing you do in my posts should be your big sign... you know, the sign that says maybe you need to re-think your "label"?

Just a thought. ;) I pretty much don't care whether you think so or not (or much of anyone else on here), I just have no interest in seeing history re-written to something it was not.

No, they're simply being non-confrontational in their job setting because they're professionals.

Professionals don't stir the pot like you do. But thanks for your input! So glad you're here... (that's passive-aggressive again in case you still don't understand the definition). :D

Yeah. Professionals like you, huh. I am stirring the pot, huh.

Again, your transparency is very apparent to me.

Hide an insult with a grin.......:rolleyes:

Lear 70, Do you not deserve your reputation off this board? And I am certain you know, you do. I would be ashamed if I had yours.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back