• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Taking Applications March 9-23 until 5PM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Tanker. Some people are immature on this forum.

What kind of PIC time do you have and what does your friend say is competitive?? Are you logging PIC as the sole manipulator?? I was able to get the PIC mins with this.

I've got a buddy who I worked with at GoJet who is going to walk my resume into the BWI Chief pilots office. He says he is pretty tight with the BWI Chief so I'll stick with him but thanks anyways. Good luck to you!!

Nothing like a little Parker-51 time to round out the resume. Go back to the sandbox little boy. The adults will be getting hired at SWA.

Who is "the hiring guy" Tank? My buddy had Herb and Colleen at his wedding. I'd say that's a pretty good in.

Gup

Huh,.....well I had "Peaches and Herb" at my wedding. Is this Colleen lady anything like Yoko?

Sooo...if you didn't get the third email your out already. WOW. They didn't even have a section for you to fill out your times. This can't be right.

Nope. My profile says "active" on the site. I wish there were a "submit" button or something so I would know they're getting it. lol

Just completed mine. Then started reading this thread and went back to check on it. My status said "open" and then when I came back to it again after hitting a few different pages on the site, there was no column in that spot any more.

I have not recieved a 3rd email either, but it's been maybe 30 minutes since I completed it. It is the middle of the night after all.

Also noticed there was no area where they asked if I had prevously interviewed with SWA. Does this mean I get a clean slate? Most likely it will ask in the more detailed application if I get the elusive "3rd email" tomorrow.

Who is "the hiring guy" Tank? My buddy had Herb and Colleen at his wedding. I'd say that's a pretty good in.

Gup

Gee-real tough. I sent Herb a wedding invite to mine and said all the free Wild Turkey you can drink. He of course showed up (but puked on the cake).

Just completed mine. Then started reading this thread and went back to check on it. My status said "open" and then when I came back to it again after hitting a few different pages on the site, there was no column in that spot any more.

I have not recieved a 3rd email either, but it's been maybe 30 minutes since I completed it. It is the middle of the night after all.

Also noticed there was no area where they asked if I had prevously interviewed with SWA. Does this mean I get a clean slate? Most likely it will ask in the more detailed application if I get the elusive "3rd email" tomorrow.

I just applied as well. It wouldnt let me upload a resume for some reason. It kept saying the page was unavailable. I was able to copy/past it though. Not my preferred method... What resume format did you submit?

For those who don't know: InstructorDude and tanker clown are long time flamers- every company has their own process and ours just changed- so be patient- you've all worked hard to fulfill the req's and it'll all work out like it is supposed to. Be patient. Be confident. Read up on nuts and the culture and do things to get your head and heart right.
Good luck- it's slower than we want and of course fuel is messing with us again-
But it is an exciting time to begin a career- being this large we will need people who care and will fight for us- not just give the min to cash the check- be that to the core

The que(sp) will only accept five thousand apps. Training to start asap. Must have a type now. No time to get one. Source? Phx flight ops.

I'm calling BS on Tankerclown.

Buddy of mine is a 25 year Captain and he was told even his son would not get special consideration.

Best of luck to all of you who apply.

Gup

Gup- I am not trying to get into your fight with Tank but i think special consideration is made. I have a friend of a family who's dad worked at SW as a line pilot and his son got a job. The only reason why I say consideration was bc he had a DUI and it was never brought up. Which suprised me since all the pilots on the street with great records. And believe me this guy is nothing special.
GL to you.

Latest resources

Back