• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

huronip

SWA Taking Applications March 9-23 Until 5PM

Going to hire 100 pilots.

The application window will be open for two weeks ending March 23. Candidates will be selected for interview based on competitive experience. In-person interviews will be held in April and May.

Process:

Candidates apply through southwest.com/careers, answer prescreening questions, and upload a simple résumé. We recommend that the résumé be created in a Microsoft Word document and then attached at the end of the application process through southwest.com/careers. Candidates who meet minimum qualifications for employment will be e-mailed a link to create a detailed profile.

The minimum requirements for consideration:

USA DOT/FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP). 2,500 hours total flight time or 1,500 hours total flight time in a turbine aircraft. A minimum of 1,000 hours in a turbine aircraft as the Pilot in Command. Only time in a fixed wing aircraft is counted toward this minimum; this specifically excludes simulator, helicopter, WSO, RIO, FE, NAV, EWO, and UAV. Actively flying for two of the last five years preferred. High school diploma or equivalency required. Four year degree from an accredited school desired. B737 type rating is not necessary for interview, but will be required for employment.

Last edited:
what is really going on?
another thread says Higher Power said opening March 7, that set off the usual FI nonsense about who has an "in" and PFT.

But I just got email from HPA (how they got my address don't know) that says the window isn't opening March 7 and to just watch the southwest www site.

I imagine it has something to do with the swa website. When it opened for FAs it kept crashing because of the volume of applicants.

from SWAPA

According to our President The window will be open for two weeks starting on March 9 and closing on the 23.

He says it will not be necessary to be sitting at three computers on the 9th that the window will be open the entire time unlike the recent problem we had with the flight attendant window

Have no fear though, as OYS pointed out on another thread, this is just one of many items I'm sure will be fixed once we acquire airtran.

:)

I will be one of those applying. Good news. Any over/under on how many will apply for 100 jobs. I say 4500.

Latest resources

Back