SWA Taking Applications March 9-23 until 5PM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Tanker!

I really think it is an exciting time to get on at SWA with all the growth coming to the SWA side.

I'm betting on the Airtran guys getting militant and greedy and eventually being shutdown with the flying going to the SWA side. Just a bet and hunch. We'll see.

It's different this time around. No one is being 'pulled out'. They are changing everything to comply with the DOL, so it is ALL computer driven.

Once you get an interview, you can get some internal help, but not until then.

Not trying to rain on the parade, but just trying to give some updated info. Good luck to all!

Sorry, not true. DOL rules don't apply until hired. You can't tell a company they can't hire person X if they want to. I'm pretty sure they don't have a computer program pick out CEOs. Or a baseball team doesn't have to hire a player based on his AA record. They can "pull" whomever they want. Shoot, the DOL would have a huge problem then with how they pick commanders in the Air Force. My friend said he was going to call "Rocky" tonight.

I guess we'll see.

what is the 3rd email?
This is the 3rd email that some are getting. Just a link to a more detailed app.

Thank you for your interest in becoming a Pilot for Southwest Airlines!

Please use the link below to complete your individual profile to be eligible for any additional consideration in our Pilot selection process. This needs to be completed by 11:59 pm CST on March 27th. You will receive a confirmation email once your completed profile has been successfully submitted.

Please note that there is no single profile of Pilot experience that guarantees selection in our process. So please complete the questions in this link to tell us more about your experience, and thanks again for your interest in a flying career at Southwest Airlines.

This is the 3rd email that some are getting. Just a link to a more detailed app.

Thank you for your interest in becoming a Pilot for Southwest Airlines!

Please use the link below to complete your individual profile to be eligible for any additional consideration in our Pilot selection process. This needs to be completed by 11:59 pm CST on March 27th. You will receive a confirmation email once your completed profile has been successfully submitted.

Please note that there is no single profile of Pilot experience that guarantees selection in our process. So please complete the questions in this link to tell us more about your experience, and thanks again for your interest in a flying career at Southwest Airlines.

Has anyone received this "confirmation" email?

I'm calling BS on Tankerclown.

Buddy of mine is a 25 year Captain and he was told even his son would not get special consideration.

Best of luck to all of you who apply.

Gup

Thanks Tanker. Some people are immature on this forum.

What kind of PIC time do you have and what does your friend say is competitive?? Are you logging PIC as the sole manipulator?? I was able to get the PIC mins with this.

I've got a buddy who I worked with at GoJet who is going to walk my resume into the BWI Chief pilots office. He says he is pretty tight with the BWI Chief so I'll stick with him but thanks anyways. Good luck to you!!

SWA defines PIC as signing off for the aircraft or being the aircraft commander. Might wanna rethink your app if you are still an fo at your current job. You'll have a hard time explaining how it was PIC.

I'm calling BS on Tankerclown.

Buddy of mine is a 25 year Captain and he was told even his son would not get special consideration.

Best of luck to all of you who apply.

Gup

Guess you're buddy wasn't a head honcho with your union and in tight with your mgt. He's tight with the hiring guy. Sorry man. Maybe you should stick to spinning up Frontier guys and popping off to every AirTran guy who posts.

Who is "the hiring guy" Tank? My buddy had Herb and Colleen at his wedding. I'd say that's a pretty good in.

Gup

Latest resources

Back