• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA september decision board?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whats the longest that someone waited to get their references called after the interview? I heard some waited 1.5 weeks and some never got them called but still got hired? Any truth?

TRUE!!! I was in the Aug '07 decision board and didn't get the call until 10 days after. It was the longest 10 days of my life but thankfully turned out good.

Good luck to everyone. The wait will be over soon.

I caught a ride into Orlando today with a crew who said they were hearing that hiring was being stopped at the end of October. That the slowing economy and reduction of flights at the first of the year are having an effect. They said that poolies should expect a long wait.

I hadn't heard anything similar to that from any other crews I have met and just wondered if anyone else has heard anything similar.

That's what my buds are saying. The Sep 27th class is it for the foreseable future. Maybe a whole year. Zero growth next year...so maybe classes will pick back up in '10 or '11.

you said the same thing back in january Tank

you said the same thing back in january Tank

You caught me. I guess when the CEO says zero growth for '09, then we can take that to mean two classes per month. Does it help when the union tells the company that they want them to stop hiring guys?

Seriously, if I were in the pool, I wouldn't quit my day job.

i'm not saying you're wrong- i'm saying that things change very fast in all hiring situations- i wish all companies were as conservative in their hiring as wn. i wish all companies had 'provide a stable work environment' in their mission statement.

I don't think too many 'quit their day job' when they are in the pool.

Once the call comes, almost everyone does....

how soon after the DB meets do calls start going out? does anyone know if an early september interview would make the Sept DB, or be in the Oct DB? thanks

Calls last month went out within 24 hours after the DB, so the DB was on Wednesday people were called as early as Thursday.

As for when your interview group goes before the board, the cut off last month was the last day of the month, so for the Aug DB the last interviewees were from July 31.

Latest resources

Back