• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA september decision board?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Soon my friend. I just hope SWA isn't in the middle of a furlough or something. I want to start while I'm still on terminal leave. A nice seamless transition.

Sorry double post but-

I'm in the sept decision board and have a couple of questions.

Whats the longest that someone waited to get their references called after the interview? I heard some waited 1.5 weeks and some never got them called but still got hired? Any truth?

I know its not a good sign to not hearing anything soon after the interview, but just trying to keep hope alive since I haven't gotten the thanks but no thanks letter.

Thanks and good luck to everyone in the sept board.

That's not a really good sign. But don't worry, you can still sweat it out. You would not get a rejection letter unyil several weeks after the board met.

Sorry double post but-

I'm in the sept decision board and have a couple of questions.

Whats the longest that someone waited to get their references called after the interview? I heard some waited 1.5 weeks and some never got them called but still got hired? Any truth?

I know its not a good sign to not hearing anything soon after the interview, but just trying to keep hope alive since I haven't gotten the thanks but no thanks letter.

Thanks and good luck to everyone in the sept board.

Depends on the load of the interview team and how many interviewed that current month. Also depends on how many can get into the office in Dallas a given week and start to make phone calls. Sept is backed up a little and weren't able to make calls untill 2 weeks after their initial interview.

While in the past a small percentage (mainly internals, Legacys etc etc) would not have anyone called, that's not really the case anymore. Everyone has a file with your letters of rec, interview scores and contacts in it, it might take some time to contact everyone that did well on the interview. Those that did not, don't normally have their contacts called.

You're gonna drive yourself crazy if you wait w/ baited breath and attempt to interpret every move associated w/ wn and your references. You don't control anything now and they won't forget that you interviewed. You'll know soon enough.
Relax- have a beer, and good luck(!)

I only had 2 references called of 5 hard copy reccs and those 2 were SWA buds that wrote a hard copy and did an online recc.

Latest resources

Back