• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very disappointing and no doubt will extend the time in the pool. My understanding is once you are in the pool at Southwest you are there until such time you are offered a class date or "you" remove your name. Southwest has already determined they want to hire us, unlikely and unprecedented to have poolies reinterview.

I believe it speaks well of Southwest to provide opportunities for pilots who have been part of the Family for many years. Hopefully, the list will be small.

A key sentence of the the letter " ...and we hope you'll keep in mind that this same level of commitment and concern will also be afforded to you when you become a member of the Southwest Family". (not if)

so, anyone know, these guys have to interview in February, do they have to wait for a decision board to meet sometime in March? If that's the case, IF they are planning a March Class(s), would they assign from the current pool (as the 60+ wouldn't be at the top of the pool yet for class assignment)? Next question that I am sure no one can answer yet, do you think we will get a letter at the end of Feb beginning of March telling us that there are X number of 60+ now at the top of the list, plan accordingly?

Albie15 Challenge

That said...can I bet you Whataburger with everthing that any poolies brought on in 2009 will have some kind of mini-interview before coming onboard?

Are you saying that before Poolies come on in '09, they will need another "mini" interview??

If that's the case, you are out of your mind. You along with many other people here spew sh!t you know very little about. You mentioned you "BET" me this would happen right?

Ok then, i bet you your FI membership you're wrong.

Proposal. If by the end of '09 there have been NO "mini interviews" we will have the moderators permanetly "Retire" your account. If my company choses to "mini" interview poolies as they dry off, I will have the Moderators permanently "Retire" Whataburger.

You lose you're gone.
I lose, I'm gone.

Honestly, guys, SWA is not your religion. It's just your employer. You don't need to take deep, personal offense every time somebody says something about SWA that you disagree with. Albie has prepped tons of people for SWA interviews and has helped lots of them get hired. I think he's entitled to an opinion about the SWA interview process without being attacked, and he certainly shouldn't retire his account if he's wrong.

Are you saying that before Poolies come on in '09, they will need another "mini" interview??

If that's the case, you are out of your mind. You along with many other people here spew sh!t you know very little about. You mentioned you "BET" me this would happen right?

Ok then, i bet you your FI membership you're wrong.

Proposal. If by the end of '09 there have been NO "mini interviews" we will have the moderators permanetly "Retire" your account. If my company choses to "mini" interview poolies as they dry off, I will have the Moderators permanently "Retire" Whataburger.

You lose you're gone.
I lose, I'm gone.

Whoa - lay off the caffeine Maverick!!!!!!!! You're cool.

Honestly, guys, SWA is not your religion. It's just your employer. You don't need to take deep, personal offense every time somebody says something about SWA that you disagree with.

substitute "ALPA" for "SWA" in your above post, and you just described yourself.

and ALPA isn't even your "employer. " Enough said.

substitute "ALPA" for "SWA" in your above post, and you just described yourself.

and ALPA isn't even your "employer. " Enough said.
I don't take offense, I just respond with facts. Far too many SWA pilots around here seem to take offense and launch into attacks whenever somebody says something about their airline. How many times have you seen an SWA pilot post something like "you're just a pathetic loser who couldn't get hired here." It's always personal with these guys.

Disclaimer: I know that not all SWA pilots are like this, but it seems like a lot of the ones that post on FI are.

Whoa - lay off the caffeine Maverick!!!!!!!! You're cool.

Just a little fun challenge. Something to follow next year.

I have been with companies that are dishonest. SWA is not dishonest with us. If they say you're in the pool, you're in the pool. Thats it.

PS. No 5 year extention on this either.

Um...ah...I meant I would bet A whataburger (you know--the delightful meal it is...at about 5 bucks), not THE whataburger....

A virtual duel for screen names? Nah...not interested. I'm sometimes wrong, and I like it here. A burger for you? Sure. I'll gladly buy you lunch if I'm wrong.

As for not knowing $hit....well...yes and no. I'm not at SWA, don't claim to be, and certainly am not on the inside with HR. However--I try to keep a pretty good pulse on what is going on around the industry--for my own interest and also to help the folks who are interviewing at the various companies that are hiring. Sometimes in that quest you glean a little SA or info that might have some merit. Sometimes it doesn't. Just consider the source...that's all. And--like other issues--sometimes I'd rather be wrong. I hope this is one of those times.

As PCL mentioned--I've had the good fortune of meeting a lot of great folks who are now employed (or hope to soon be...) at SWA. I don't hate SWA, and I certainly don't hate the folks there. This isn't personal. In fact--as a former F-15 guy, I can say many of the folks I respected the most as officers, fighter pilots, and friends are now at SWA and are very happy.

Cheers...

In short--I LIKE a lot of folks at SWA. I'm pulling for the guys in the pool. I'm not trying to poke you--or anyone else--in the eye. You are at a great company with a great payrate and folks seem to like it there...so good on all of you.

what makes this tough is that the email addresses of all poolies were made public by Southwest (accidentally)- to make a CONSCIOUS and OPTIONAL choice to delay their class further after making that mistake is not the right decision. IMO.

Latest resources

Back