• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what makes this tough is that the email addresses of all poolies were made public by Southwest (accidentally)- to make a CONSCIOUS and OPTIONAL choice to delay their class further after making that mistake is not the right decision. IMO.

After you are trying to crack that conspiracy (which I think was an honest mistake) why don't you go find the second gun man on the grassy knoll.

I didn't say there was a conspiracy. I didn't even think the email was a big deal at the time. But I underestimated the number of pilot internet geeks in the world who would take the time to circulate the list and put it together.

Try to remember, not everyone works for the military or employers who understand you want to move on.

Since that email, I have two friends who have been pegged by their co-workers and it's now common knowledge that they are in the pool at southwest. One at Alaska, the other at USAir. Both on probation. (One of those airlines it's a bigger deal than the other.)
Now w/ classes trickling in, I just think it's bad timing to take care of the good ole boys quite like this. Rehire them, sure, but put em in the back of the pool b/c you made a mistake which is making poolies current employment a bit awkward.

Seriously- would you like to be on probation at Alaska and have it be common knowledge that you are in the pool at southwest?

Honest mistake or not... delaying class dates w/ optional choices isn't cool. Just my opinion. The old guys got enough w/ this law.

Just wanted to bring this back to what this thread was started for 54 pages ago....

Here is what PD told me as of yesterday. Because of the latest message relaying SWA's intention to interview and place retirees in the front of poolies, they are holding up the March class and delaying it until April. Intent is to put the over-60 guys in this class (depending on how many of course). Poolies will fall in line after that.

I was also told that PD is planning for 3 classes in April. Since I've heard of multiple classes before (Jan and Mar), I'll believe that when I see it.

Watch the negativity Blueandwhite. Everytime I have told you guys that something not very good was coming down the pipe, everyone has ripped me a new one.

I'm sorry to hear about the class delays. Maybe it's time to face the reality of the situation.

Just wanted to bring this back to what this thread was started for 54 pages ago....

Here is what PD told me as of yesterday. Because of the latest message relaying SWA's intention to interview and place retirees in the front of poolies, they are holding up the March class and delaying it until April. Intent is to put the over-60 guys in this class (depending on how many of course). Poolies will fall in line after that.

I was also told that PD is planning for 3 classes in April. Since I've heard of multiple classes before (Jan and Mar), I'll believe that when I see it.

Thanks for the update! Many on this thread are not even in the pool, why???? I guess making friends over the internet is working out better than in real life....or in Tanker Clowns case meeting men..

Anyhow, for all those in the pool who are pissed. Very easy solution, either wait or move on, enough said.

We all know that it is easy to let emotions run wild here.....back to business: PD told me yesterday that I 'slipped' 2 classes from originally being in the 3rd class of the year to the 5th class of the year TO INCLUDE the class of returning-retirees. The fact that they only have 16 poolies in the Feb class was a factor they said also. Not sure what to think! They ended the phone call by telling me that the company 'formally' announced that they want 5-8 classes this year and that is it, no more no less...........we all can do the math. Of course, things can change......:confused:

Sounds to me by your post that the "interview" process for the returning retirees will be a joke. With only 40 or so applying and them getting two classes of their own, sounds like they might as well get their welcome packages after the "interview."

Sound to me by your post that the "interview" process for the returning retirees will be a joke. With only 40 or so applying and them getting two classes of their own, sounds like they might as well get their welcome packages after the "interview."

Maybe the poolies should give a pep talk to the old guys. And a ballwash.

Latest resources

Back