SWA pool is starting to drain!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KP,
Do really think F9 was actually going to happen? If I remember correctly, they had less than 5 hours to hash out an agreement...no sh!t! It was more of a game being played by both F9 and SWA. The pilots took the hit for the supposed failure. Also, why do you think SWA hasn't grown the last few years? Could it be they were waiting to seriously make a play for AAI and to purchase growth at ATL? This didn't happen overnight...I'm guessing the rumors were true which started several years back about SWA buying AAI. Hence an actual legitimate plan and purchase as opposed to the F9 deal. You notice SWA didn't let the pilots stop the buyout this time...don't you?
Dolce

Noway DOLCE say it isnt true. You SWA may have planned this for a couple of years in order to save up the cash and right size their operation to purchase Airtran. Cant be. SWA should have just kept growing (like they could have), instead of being so forward thinking. Sarcasm!

Last edited:
Exactly...but the arbitrators will solve our SLI and we didn't bring anything to this purchase except the cash!

Hey KP. I just got back from the party. The 188 new hires that are starting to arrive were NOT RELATED to AirTran. That is directly from the top, told to us about 1.5 hours ago at the hotel here in DAL. Growth due to 3-new cities in 2011.

We had the mins, we got the call, we passed the interview (two of them in case you wondered since we sat so long) and all of us got our 737-type rating back in 08.

So say whatever you will...SOME of you are lucky. ALL of US are fortunate to be joining this company.

Hey KP. I just got back from the party. The 188 new hires that are starting to arrive were NOT RELATED to AirTran. That is directly from the top, told to us about 1.5 hours ago at the hotel here in DAL. Growth due to 3-new cities in 2011.

We had the mins, we got the call, we passed the interview (two of them in case you wondered since we sat so long) and all of us got our 737-type rating back in 08.

So say whatever you will...SOME of you are lucky. ALL of US are fortunate to be joining this company.

Just got back! Get your azz back to the bar! There are plenty of T bars 10 min cab drive away.

Hope you studied for the systems test they give tomorrow morning!!

Welcome guys. Sorry I missed the party. Did everyone welcome you to Oakland? Remember, don't leave your room after dark.

Rick

All I remember about day 1 was one of the flight ops head honchos saying, "Wow, yall look like you all had fun last night."

Welcome aboard!!

What was the demographics of the class? Military, commuter, corporate, etc. Just curious what the mix was like. Any AirTran guys?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back