• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA plan for 15% ROIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please tell me your yanking his chain with that comment..

Of course not. Destroying a company is counter to the union's own interests. If you're the rank and file, destroying the company ends your income stream. If you're the leadership of the international union, then destroying the company ends your dues revenue stream. Either way, destroying the company is in no one's self interest.

A strike vote is not a means to destroy a company. Even a strike itself is not. A union will generally not engage in a strike if it believes that the strike will kill the company.

Strike votes not withstanding....

It's a legal option. Why doesn't the government abolish unionized employees right to strike? Management always has all the answers, treats employees fairly and should never be second guessed when safety and the bottom line are in competition. Right?

Today SWA starting selling UNSOLD Business Select boarding positions. 45 Min before departure if you want to shell out $40.00, you can secure A1-15 if it not sold already, however no free drink nor Rapid Rewards point.

Today SWA starting selling UNSOLD Business Select boarding positions. 45 Min before departure if you want to shell out $40.00, you can secure A1-15 if it not sold already, however no free drink nor Rapid Rewards point.

I don't know about that one. If I bought a ticket on an airline and than saw people having to shell out $40 to cut in front of me, I would be thinking next time I'll take my business to someone else.

Heard a funny story though... Guy on a European talk show showed a clip of The Denzil Washington movie were the airplane was flying upside down.....someone piped in that RyanAir does that all the time to get your last euro out of your pocket.

Once Amadeus is up and running relatively smoothly, I can see SWA selling unrestricted assigned seating at a premium price and keep the unassigned boarding process for restricted fares. That wouldn't be too far off from the way AT does things now. Accept that we assign a seat to everyone. I think a hybrid assigned and unassigned could capture revenue and keep turn times shorter than with all assigned seating.

Of course not. Destroying a company is counter to the union's own interests. If you're the rank and file, destroying the company ends your income stream. If you're the leadership of the international union, then destroying the company ends your dues revenue stream. Either way, destroying the company is in no one's self interest.

A strike vote is not a means to destroy a company. Even a strike itself is not. A union will generally not engage in a strike if it believes that the strike will kill the company.
Dam, I agree with PCL128. I hate when that happens :)

The biggest problem for pilots is a good portion of them don't like to save money. If a union knows their pilots aren't prepared to miss a paycheck or two, it can be tough to successful execute a suspension of service.

All I can say is EAL.

I was younger than you when I was there, there where many ruined lives. By the Grace of God, I landed on my feet.

This industry is pure luck.

Right.... Put the crack pipe down, a strike will kill a company inside of a week, severely damage it in days, thinking otherwise is naive.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back