• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA plan for 15% ROIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, AirTran had an ESPP as well with a 10% discount. I accumulated $100/paycheck for 4 years and did quite well when Gary Kelly offered a 70% premium to the September 24, 2010 AAI closing price. Wish I had manned up and bought $500/paycheck for 4 years :)

I seriously doubt 15% of all outstanding AAI stock was owned by employees (although Fornaro, Leonard, and the other AirTran senior executives and board members definitely had their share).

Not sure what percentage of ownership was employee, but for a long time, the largest holder of AAI stock was Boeing.

60% since when? The S&P is up 20% MORE than luv since '08. 15? It will never hit that in the next 5 years.

Starting in the spring of '09. It was trading in the $5 range. Add a 10% discount and you where buying close to 4.50. Bought the bulk during that timeframe and continued to add along the way.

Same timeframe, early 09 to present the SPY is up 122% from that point.

LUV is up around 150%. Wish I could have gotten the whole 150.

I do know one guy that I was flying with who was maxing out the ESPP during that 5 dollar range. He was buying in the neighborhood of $1500 every paycheck. Now that's a nice payoff.

Latest resources

Back