• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA plan for 15% ROIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please, get off he seniority grab, everyone over on the swa side will end our careers within one percent of where we Were pre AT. The nature of the AT pilot force being younger demanded as much, and in my opinion far more, but I'm over that. You should be as well.

Please, get off he seniority grab, everyone over on the swa side will end our careers within one percent of where we Were pre AT. The nature of the AT pilot force being younger demanded as much, and in my opinion far more, but I'm over that. You should be as well.

We should be over it because you are ? Interesting world view.

Spending longer as a Captain prior to that final retirement number makes you more money. My point being; your final retirement percentage is less relevant than the amount of time being paid at the Captain rate. You got a boost towards that number. We got a foot on our head.

The age issue is SWAPA smoke and mirrors. Look at the analysis of age on myseniority.com. He showed that it's only true in a narrow band.

The age issue is SWAPA smoke and mirrors. Look at the analysis of age on myseniority.com. He showed that it's only true in a narrow band.

Well, it's certainly true in my "band." I gained less than 9% in global seniority that is slowly eroded away until my retirement. I end up with less than one half of one percentage point change in seniority with the AirTran acquisition as opposed to without it at retirement.

We should be over it because you are ? Interesting world view.

Spending longer as a Captain prior to that final retirement number makes you more money. My point being; your final retirement percentage is less relevant than the amount of time being paid at the Captain rate. You got a boost towards that number. We got a foot on our head.

Dicko, AT's financial's and everybody consolidating, AT would have never survived. You do know that SWA is paying down your 3 plus billion that AT owed in debt. Stop being a blue collar thinker. As far as the foot in the head? I would love to tell you over a beer what I lost in the long Run. I lost a lot of QOL and Money making potential. Even your boy Klaus knew the fate of AT, Plus you should talk to your ex CFO when you get a chance.

Tex, but they had all these orders and ATL. Dont mention financial stuff because they were going to grow like no tomorrow. Despite what their CEO and CFO were saying. That was all smoke and mirrors. AAI was the place to be.

Still, it certainly beats losing 32%.

Please, enough about the 32% figure which represents your relative position at AT vs SWA.

#1. Relative seniority would have never happened, ever, no way no how no sir.

#2. If I didn't gain 32% seniority, you didn't lose 32% seniority, simple math.

Sorry, but I can't stand hearing that response, it makes no sense.

Well, it's certainly true in my "band." I gained less than 9% in global seniority that is slowly eroded away until my retirement. I end up with less than one half of one percentage point change in seniority with the AirTran acquisition as opposed to without it at retirement.

Seems to be the point with many of us, how did this acquisition help me?

Very true, talked to a Delta (NWA) friend today who informed me on their "merger" SLI between two very close in size airlines. Most of the NWA guys lost 2+ years some more, and many who expected to retire on a widebody, will now retire on a 757.

Until there is some good news, there will be petty threads like this. It's a downside to the separate ops. Wish they would have ripped the band aid off instead of peeling it away slowing. I think some of the stuff that is impacting us now is going to help in the long run. The big one that grabs me is the fleet decision. Sucks all the way around for everybody and threw alot of folks for a loop. But I'm looking at the "big order" and the decision to delay several -800s as a big thing. Either 900max or 900ER big. For longer range stuff. 787 is twice the cost of either if those rigs. The big order didn't break down the model series. Throw in the new intl terminal at HOU and the wright amendment and there is some good stuff to be done in TX. I can see BWI, LAX , MCO and SJU becoming more focul in SWAs future too. Capacity is down 28% for the year in Memphis and SWA is adding more flights to fill the void. I think there is great cause to be cautiously optimistic. Once things pick up again, folks will spend less time complaining about "the good old days".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back