• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA plan for 15% ROIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA has already chipped in 250 million in pilot concessions. Suck it SWAPA you will never beat ALPA in a race to the bottom. Half pay to the last day! Did I mention we do our cheap flying on the most lucrative international routes. Boom you just got schooled ALPA style.

.15 is pretty big. Alaska's goal is .10 and they are raking the cash in getting .11-.12. I am getting the feeling this is management's new tactic. Give labor some arbitrary ROIC and then say they need to reduce labor costs to reach this new arbitrary goal. "If we can meet this .15 ROIC we can buy new planes, hire more pilots and grow!!! BUT, we are going to need to control costs a little bit more! Thanks for all you do." Its hard to wrap your finger around this and management can use their funny accounting to make this number whatever they want in the end.

Tell management to shove it up their a$$! No more giving. Take take take....and then take some more from these greedy bastards!

A SWA pilot on the employee bus yesterday told me that they run the APU's all night long on overnighting aircraft when it is hot or cold outside. YGTBSM!! Just hook up external conditioned air for crying out loud. GK could start with that cost saving move right there.

A bit naive of you to believe this one. BTW, we can't even leave an airplane powered up on ground power unattended, much less leave the apu running.

Not true. Or that pilot was lying just for fun

It's very true but its not a punishment, the ground ops folk leave the APU running in jets pushed off the gate to keep the jet from freezing, and no, there is not enough air carts for jets off the gates. I've seen it and originated jets that came from the pad after the APU had been on all night. It's rare, but does happen.

Last edited:
SWA doesn't know what they are doing. I think they are going to announce their 40th straight year of profitability next Thursday. Maybe they will file bankruptcy the week after.

SWA planes are not allowed to be powered unattended at all... ground power...apu power... nothing! They were pulling your leg. If ramp did that overnight, it would be noticed, and that ramp crew would be out of a job.

Cheers!

They are not unnattended, someone is there all night, and it's only about 5 hours seeing as they terminate then originate. Some outstations run the apu to keep the jet from freezing as they have no or not enough power units. It is a rare event but does happen.

Scoreboard is right. I've seen them do this in BUF, PVD, and BDL I believe. Very rare when it happens, but it does sometimes happen, and yes the ramp crew is forced to babysit the Airplane overnight when that happens.

.15 is pretty big. Alaska's goal is .10 and they are raking the cash in getting .11-.12. I am getting the feeling this is management's new tactic. Give labor some arbitrary ROIC and then say they need to reduce labor costs to reach this new arbitrary goal. "If we can meet this .15 ROIC we can buy new planes, hire more pilots and grow!!! BUT, we are going to need to control costs a little bit more! Thanks for all you do." Its hard to wrap your finger around this and management can use their funny accounting to make this number whatever they want in the end.

Someone gets it.

Latest resources

Back