SWA or DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
66.7% management w/ mil background

Alrighty SWA/FO - I can't debate with you unless I do my research right? Well, I got this straight off the SWA website under the Officer biographies section. I didn't find anything for the chief pilots though and I did my best search. Let's see the results, shall we...here are the officer's backgrounds:

Herb Kelleher - Not mil
Gary Kelly - Not mil
Colleen Barrett - Not mil
Deb Ackemman - Not mil
Greg Crum - Yes, mil
Ginger Hardage - Not mil
Bob Jordan - Not mil
Daryl Krause - Not mil
Kevin Krone - Not mil
Pete McGlade - Not mil
Bob Montgomery - Not mil
Laura Wright - Not mil
Barry Brown - Not mil
Chris Wahlenmaier - Not mil
Teresa Laraba - Not mil
Kerry Schwab - Not mil
Jan Marshall - Not mil
Ron Ricks - Not mil
Joe Harris - Not mil
Tammy Romo - Not mil
Jim Ruppel - Not mil
Ray Sears - Not mil
Jim Sokol - Not mil
Keith Taylor - Yes, mil
Ellen Torbert - Not mil
Michael Van De Ven - Not mil
Greg Wells - Not mil
Rob Myrben - Not mil
Linda Rutherford - Not mil
Jeff Lamb - Not mil
Scott Topping - Not mil
Scott Halfmann -Not mil
Lori Rainwater - Not mil

Alright, that's 2 out of 33, a whopping 6%. Hmm, that 66.7 percent sure doesn't make much sense now does it?

And on top of that, Colleen Barrett just wrote a great article about SWA's military employee's in your "Spirit" magazine. You must be pissed huh? Your company actually praising it's mil employee's while you loath them. Tough break SWA/FO...

Serving Our Nation1
As I write this, thousands of men and women are abroad, placing themselves in harm’s way to protect our freedom, and Southwest is proud of those in uniform. Regardless of politics and policy, we need to celebrate their duty, devotion, and heroism.
Our own Employees are on frontline duty, and one of their stories of courage helps symbolize the best of the American (and Southwest!) character. Flight Attendant Jim Bartholomew served in Kuwait as an Army sergeant. Last Christmas Eve, while leading a convoy of 30 international tractor-trailers in Iraq, an improvised explosive device (IED) detonated on one of the six American trucks. Fire engulfed the soldiers on the truck, and Jim and his driver ran past five international trucks to assist their injured comrades.
As Jim was administering first aid, another IED exploded, injuring Jim and his driver. The driver’s injuries prevented him from walking, and Jim refused to leave him, remaining in the line of fire with his driver until help could arrive. At Southwest, we talk a lot about each Employee sharing his/her Servant’s Heart, but I am the first to admit that doing so in an airport or office is much different than Jim’s situation. The ultimate expression of a Servant’s Heart is to place your life on the line so that another person may live, and Jim’s courage defines just that!
Fortunately, Jim has recovered from his physical injuries, but it was a long, painful road covering six months and 10 surgeries. He is back flying with us, and he is excited to have returned to his Fellow Employees and the simple things we all take for granted — like not having to walk 25 miles to a bathroom. He tells us that, “You lose a lot of your freedoms so you can defend everyone else’s freedoms.”
Jim is probably embarrassed to be reading this salute, but I hope he realizes that I offer it as a tribute to all of our Heroes in uniform. They serve so that we can enjoy those simple things. As a Company, we are fortunate to have Employees like Jim, but as a nation, we are honored to have men and women like Sergeant Bartholomew protecting us.
When Veterans Day comes around next month, keep Jim’s story in mind and reflect that there are thousands and thousands of other men and women placing others before self every day under the most dangerous and arduous circumstances, and I join with the almost 32,000 Southwest Employees in saying “Thank You” to each of them!
Colleen Barrett
President

Well...SWA F/O and I are not based in the same place. Plus, we probably don't fly on the same days...we won't for sure when he upgrades....

But, let me add that I know SWA F/O...and I've never had a problem with him. He really is a good guy to be around.

Tejas

...and don't forget his cute a$$, I think he must workout....

Flight ops management. 66.7% Director of ops..Chief pilots...etc. I should have saved you the time.

You must be pissed huh? Your company actually praising it's mil employee's while you loath them. Tough break SWA/FO...

Yeah, I'm pissed alright. Darn... Now I'm really getting mad!!!

Flight ops management. 66.7% Director of ops..Chief pilots...etc. I should have saved you the time.

Yeah, I'm pissed alright. Darn... Now I'm really getting mad!!!

Hey, I trust you...just curiously, what are their names and where can I find their bio's. Surely you can tell me or show me where to get it, right? You're a stand up guy, I'm sure....

And by the way clown, you said 66.7 percent of management were mil (not flight ops) - if you want people to believe what you spew out of your cake hole, make sure you tell us exactly what you're backing up.

Last edited:
Well...SWA F/O and I are not based in the same place. Plus, we probably don't fly on the same days...we won't for sure when he upgrades....

But, let me add that I know SWA F/O...and I've never had a problem with him. He really is a good guy to be around.

Tejas

Were you the two guys that stripped for the new stew in flight and were caught? You silly savages!

Honestly, Tejas, I am glad you enjoy your job. Good for you. I just don't think that type of flying is for everyone. Some people agree with me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I dislike anyone who doesn't know their job. Mil or Civ. Anyone that doesn't know the FAR/AIM & basic instrument procedures. I am fairly sure you will never see me in a management position @ SWA. That seems to be a goal for AF/Navy guys, for some reason.

I don't fly 4 day trips (for the most part). So you would only have to listen to me for 3 days.

People know when I am in the crew room. :cool: cus the SWA/FO is one cool dude. :pimp:

66.7% management w/ mil background

Just because most of your management is military doesn't mean that most military guys want to go into management. You've once again proven how ill informed, prejudiced and mentally inferior you are.

And by the way clown, you said 66.7 percent of management were mil (not flight ops) - if you want people to believe what you spew out of your cake hole, make sure you tell us exactly what you're backing up.

www.swalife.com/flightops/leadership

take a look for yourself.

Just because most of your management is military doesn't mean that most military guys want to go into management. You've once again proven how ill informed, prejudiced and mentally inferior you are.

Yeah real prejudiced there. In was an opinion dumba$$. "it seems" should have been your first clue.

Last edited:
Were you the two guys that stripped for the new stew in flight and were caught?

Ha !!! Now thats funny. BTW....I've turned the acft over to one of those guys in the recent past. As we walked up the jetway, it was whispered to me who he was. I took a look at him...then...for half a second, I let my mind wander....and gagged for the next hour.

I have asked in the past...how did that conversation start? "Hey, I've got a great idea....let's take our clothes off...."

eeewwwwwww....ugh !!!

Thats when you know you are flying with weird-ness

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back