• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

? SWA or CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm all for everyone else going to the other airlines, go to Continental, US Air, United, etc and leave more room for me to apply at Southwest. Thanks.

fastone said:
Guys -- Little advice here, pleasae -I got got called for a SWA interview and a CAL interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any pointers? I am all ears!

Both great companies, chose the one in which you do not have to commute. Commuting can take a great job and make it just a good one. You do not want to have to commute the rest of your career, and if you do commute you will be caught in a bind. You will hate it, but you will never leave because you are at a great company

as214 said:
Both great companies, chose the one in which you do not have to commute. Commuting can take a great job and make it just a good one. You do not want to have to commute the rest of your career, and if you do commute you will be caught in a bind. You will hate it, but you will never leave because you are at a great company

I second that, go to the company that has a base near you or one that you are willing to move. Commuting for a career would make even a great job not worth it.

as214 said:

OR you could move to a base. Houston, both companies. Now, it's either CLE, Newark, or one of the many bases WN has.

as214 said:

Don't plan on a base remaining open where you move. Airlines open/close and hubs open/close all the time. This is how a great many commuters become commuters.

Back in the heydey of all majors hiring, many went to a major while waiting for LUV. Some were there for a year or more before their LUV class date. It's an income and it keeps you flying, sometimes in the 737. LUV loves that.

Last edited:
FWIW,

I was furloughed from CAL in '01....I've found a much nicer home at LUV. In an industry of apples and oranges LUV is a chocolate milkshake. The sky is bluer, the grass is greener and my food tastes better :) No $hit !!!

There's really no decision to make until you get two job offers.

Good luck and don't look back. Lot's of folks would like to be in that position.

Username... love the avatar. (no kidding, TWA was the hometown airline growing up.)

Just curious, why does the N number end in LF... most 767s ended, obviously, with TW.

thanks,

Latest resources

Back