? SWA or CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know how long it take at CAL to let you know
CAL takes 2-3 business days to give you the thumbs up phone call, and 3-5 business days to FedEx up the bad news letter.

If you get an offer from both it's time to decide what type of flying you want to do for the rest of your career. IMO, both are very good companies and they will be around for a long time (in some form).
I think this is well said.

If you get both jobs, it depends on what kind of flying you want to do. If you don't care one way or the other, then probably go with Southwest.

However, if you're interested in seeing the world, and getting paid to do so, then take a look at CAL 777 bid packet

SWA GUY said:
One word, "Job Security". Make that two words...[/
QUOTE]

Nobody is immune, and if you keep that arrogant attitude up it will be your downfall like the legacies around you. Many at legacies had that invinsible attitude, now you do, funny how we are doomed to repeat history.

You would never have expected global airlines with billons in cash could be brought to their knees and other sent to BK.

God forbid our country is hit again not even the "great" SWA will be able to chug along like nothing has happened.

IMHO
AA

P.S. Wright is Right!!!

I like this statement,

" you make the decision to the best of your ability based on the information you have available at the present time."

All of us know people who left, I saw a B727 CA at CO in '88 leave for US, because quote, CAL will never be anything, that person from my crashpad would be a B777 CA now instead of on the street. Was he wrong, "yeah" but it was the right move in "88. Go figure.

AAflyer said:
Nobody is immune, and if you keep that arrogant attitude up it will be your downfall like the legacies around you. Many at legacies had that invinsible attitude, now you do

That comment is arrogant? He never mentioned Southwest, he just said "job security". That is for the person who is collecting the info to decide.

P.S. The Wright is Wrong Bitch!

Thanks for noticing, Canyon Blue. I deliberately suggested "Job Security" and not either airline.

It IS interesting that AAflyer made the connection of job security to SWA however....

and the connection had nothing to do with a picture of a swa 737 from a guy named swa guy. good thing matlock wasn't busy today

guys thanks for the info... i will decide if offered the job -- the swa interview is a while down the road. i would hate to pass up a job offer for a what if scenerio... ya know what i mean... you can't collectively put all your eggs into one basket and think what if all the time, i know that... i have wanted to fly for cal forever... hmmmm i guess that i am in a great position -- oh and for the answers to the earlier post, i have over 5000 tt (just over) and a little over 1000 turbine pic... 5 letters of rec for cal...

the facts are like this -- cal will be hiring a lot -- several in the next few years... upgrades and qol will move fast as i understand it all... i think that cal is no a brainer and anyone that passes it up would be stupid, i know that...

Latest resources

Back