? SWA or CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fastone

Guys -- Little advice here, pleasae -I got got called for a SWA interview and a CAL interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any pointers? I am all ears!

In my opinion a no brainer... Go to both interviews, if offered at both go to SWA. Read the thread "first year pay at Continental" ...

h25b said:
In my opinion a no brainer... Go to both interviews, if offered at both go to SWA. Read the thread "first year pay at Continental" ...

the interview at SWA is after the interview at CAL...

fastone said:
Any pointers? I am all ears!
Do well at both interviews!

If you're offered a class date with CAL but you still want to see how it goes with SW, put off CAL as long as possible. Blame it on "family obligations" or some other B.S.

If you get an offer from both it's time to decide what type of flying you want to do for the rest of your career. IMO, both are very good companies and they will be around for a long time (in some form).

I personally wouldn't base my decision on first or second year pay at either airline. There is so much more to consider. The past several years have shown us that pay rates can change quickly. That statement also holds true for crew bases. I think future upgrade times will be close to the same at both carriers.

Congrats on being in that position! Where do you want to work?

Where would you rather be based, Guam or BWI?

BBB

Just would like to know, what is your experience? did you have any LOR, did you go to Air Inc. ....are you in the regionals, on furlough how much PIC......bla bla bla....

Congrates on the interviews, I would do both, If both jobs are overed, I would go to Cont, only because it has always been a dream of mine to fly International at a major.

I don't know how long it take at CAL to let you know, but at SW you can count on at least 3+ weeks until the DB would hear your case. If you wanted to hear from both before making a descision, I don't think that CAL would wait that long.

fastone:

Base your decision on what type of flying you would like to do over the long term, where you want to be based and the financial picture of the airline.

The financial picture of an airline is hard, things can change in a matter of months.

Latest resources

Back