• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This shizz can and has happened to every airline. You glass house punk b!tches better check yourselves and stop disrespecting my stepbruthas.

Having access to the FOQA data base...

this can and continues to almost happen to quite a few crews across the entire database of participants. Always set the approach or visual for the runway and verify the magenta line takes you to the same place as you see in the window.

Machines break and people make mistakes, regardless of who's logo is on your napkins. No one was hurt, and we can all learn from these mistakes. I still fly with people into airports (frac world) I have never heard of who refuse to enter a centerline and GP into the FMS until I ask them to. Confidence is one thing. Refusal to use all available aids is beyond arrogant.

Machines break and people make mistakes, regardless of who's logo is on your napkins. No one was hurt, and we can all learn from these mistakes. I still fly with people into airports (frac world) I have never heard of who refuse to enter a centerline and GP into the FMS until I ask them to. Confidence is one thing. Refusal to use all available aids is beyond arrogant.

Exactly, DAL had 2 incidents in the 1980's, Frankfurt and MacDill. A USAF C-17 recently did the same thing as well as the Gemini 747. One thing is for sure, it is inexcusable. Use your navaids, FMS, GPS.

I've landed at this airport in past (with intent), if I recall there's a rather substantial Wiley Coyote drop-off down to a highway at one end. I'd bet there's was a couple bites missing out of the flight deck seat cushions.

The pictures on The Today Show show a 700.

Can still draw a line on a classic. Just don't get a pretty picture. The HSI is centered though.

Like the above it happens at many airlines......

It can be avoided....I'll learn from these guys and hope I never do it!

Latest resources

Back