• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA hiring and international growth. From Gary

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The louder they are- the less they know- hence their need to shout it- bc they're viewpoint is in doubt-

Don't get sucked in- and I'll throw in a post now and then so everyone can read my signature. If you actually WANT an AAA type merger process on either side- I'd say you have no clue what you're talking about

Why the heck not. All your FO's need to be stapled as well as more then half of your CA should be downgraded, heck they all should. I guess an $60-80,000 raise, better benefits, QOL, company, management etc. are worth nothing in your world.

What is your idea of fair and equitable then? Maybe all Airtran pilots should go on top of the SWA list. They should also get an additional 10% raise above SWA pilots for the inconvienence of the aquisition. Afterall, SWA pilots will be getting everything in the deal.

I agree it will be arbitration and now its just another place go to work. You guys just want everything handed to you. Nothing like finding a lottery ticket on the floor.

Excellent summation! We have indeed been, "graced by your presents"!!!!!

I think arbitration is the best way to go. Both sides present their view then accept whatever is decided. While looking at both AAI's and SWA lists I noticed that ours, AAI's, includes DOH and Birthday. SWA includes that plus date of upgrade. I assume the date of upgrade was on there because of the old "up or out" rule. I say get rid of all dates on the new list. All it will do is cause more separation between groups. DOH means nothing to a merged airline so drop it. It would be nice to have a reissued employee number too just to get away from the them vs. us mentallity. I don't care at all who "used to be Airways or VJ" but as soon as you see their employee number its there in black and white. What does it matter. Isn't what SWA2000 described the exact thing that went down at AA/TWA and isn't that the reason there is a "fair and equitable" bill. Bottom line is that most if not all pilots shouldn't be affected much by the SLI. If relative seniority is used the only arguement against it is "that's not fair", well sir how does it affect you, "it doesn't it's just not fair". I've also heard a few guys say, "what does swa pilots get out of this deal". Well, for those of you that are parents, when you had your first child, did you look at them and say, "what am I getting out of all this", hopefully not. How bout a stronger bigger airline that can kick some tail and hopefully provide a living for it's workers and a service to it's customers. Unless an individual can argue that he is being negatively affected by his spot on a list then there's not much he can say. And last but not least, we're all professionals and should continue to act as such. I'd hate to think that the guy that shook my hand and said welcome aboard is the same guy that slams AAI's on this board. I truly think that most of the back and forth is started and comes from those not even working a either company but likes to start crap. Isn't it more fun to luv than to fight?

Last edited:
And that's the end of our discussion.

Good luck to you, sir.

Still cant answer a simple question Lear70?

Thanks for the presents its more then Airtran brings. Must be nice to be perfect. But then again you are a tranny. All trannies on top. You guys are so special you should pick your spot on the list.

Last edited:
Are you speaking of what I consider to be "fair and equitable"? Our MEC has asked us not to comment directly on the issue, and I believe that's a perfectly reasonable request, especially since I have no say in the matter other than voicing my opinions to our Merger Committee and waiting for an arbitration result if nothing reasonable can be obtained.

As far as your other questions, if you even raised any valid ones, the only thing I'm hearing from you is irrational arguments, an SLI proposal that is an immediate non-starter, and I really don't have the time or patience to debate someone who's so obviously rancorous and biased. It's a waste of both my time and yours so, again, best of luck to you.

Still cant answer a simple question Lear70?

Thanks for the presents its more then Airtran brings. Must be nice to be perfect. But then again you are a tranny. All trannies on top. You guys are so special you should pick your spot on the list.

Dude, you sound like Mugatu from Zoolander!

"I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! I invented the piano key necktie, I invented it! What have you done, AirTran? You've done nothing! NOTHIIIING!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOrI6uqS-vk

While looking at both AAI's and SWA lists I noticed that ours, AAI's, includes DOH and Birthday. SWA includes that plus date of upgrade. I assume the date of upgrade was on there because of the old "up or out" rule. I say get rid of all dates on the new list. All it will do is cause more separation between groups. DOH means nothing to a merged airline so drop it. It would be nice to have a reissued employee number too just to get away from the them vs. us mentallity.

OMG thanks for the laugh. Seriously.

I'm really going out on a limb here but I'm guessing you're an Airtran pilot.

Gup

OMG thanks for the laugh. Seriously.

I'm really going out on a limb here but I'm guessing you're an Airtran pilot.

Gup

I think his first sentence was a give away where he worked. You must have been laughing too hard to notice......

Latest resources

Back