• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA hiring and international growth. From Gary

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would be more then what you bring to the table. Just typing to fast and couldnt edit it anymore.

It would be more then what you bring to the table. Just typing to fast and couldnt edit it anymore.

Okay fine, you don't want to be "graced by my presents" I guess I'll just bring the Silly Bandz to the Arbitrator then!

lear,

Relative seniority is out of the question. You are a 16 year old airline (that's questionable ie: valujet/airtran) we are a 40 year old airline. Relative seniority is not going to happen. Neither is DOH. Our merger team is made up of 5 fo's and 2 ca's. Junior fo's too. They have much too lose on this deal. My guess is the best deal that they will come up with is half your ca's bottom of our ca list, the other half ratioed into our fo list, and then your fo's stapled. Anything more won't pass on a vote here. Not sure if that would either. I know ya'll probably feel that you have much to gain in arbitration. If it went to arbitration and if swa pilots feel they were unfairly treated, I am sure we would fight it like the AWA/US deal. Then GK probably would shrink the AT operation. Ya'll need to think long and hard how your merger team approaches this SLI. I am not trying to slight any of the AT guys. I know you are all probably good guys just trying to support your family like I am. But I feel like SWA pilots paid a bigger price to be here. And I am guessing if an AT guy had the option to choose AT vs SW they would choose SW. I hope it all works out for everybody unfortuately these things seldom do.

lear,

Relative seniority is out of the question. You are a 16 year old airline (that's questionable ie: valujet/airtran) we are a 40 year old airline. Relative seniority is not going to happen. Neither is DOH. Our merger team is made up of 5 fo's and 2 ca's. Junior fo's too. They have much too lose on this deal. My guess is the best deal that they will come up with is half your ca's bottom of our ca list, the other half ratioed into our fo list, and then your fo's stapled. Anything more won't pass on a vote here. Not sure if that would either. I know ya'll probably feel that you have much to gain in arbitration. If it went to arbitration and if swa pilots feel they were unfairly treated, I am sure we would fight it like the AWA/US deal. Then GK probably would shrink the AT operation. Ya'll need to think long and hard how your merger team approaches this SLI. I am not trying to slight any of the AT guys. I know you are all probably good guys just trying to support your family like I am. But I feel like SWA pilots paid a bigger price to be here. And I am guessing if an AT guy had the option to choose AT vs SW they would choose SW. I hope it all works out for everybody unfortuately these things seldom do.

Wow.... and prior to 9/11 just about everybody would have chosen AA/DL/UAL etc. over SWA. You guys sure do think highly of yourselves these days. Read the USA Today(10/5). I hope that you guys, seeing little to no growth over the next decade or two; will at least stop pushing to raise the retirement age. That is going to be your only source of movement for years to come. Feel that LUV

lear,

They only way you can fight a binding arbitration (like US/AWA) is by claiming unfair representation by your union, followed by union change. Are you saying that SW pilots would vote out SWAPA if they are not happy with results of arbitration?

lear,

SWA2000, you could put the Pope on your merger team and be in the same spot. It's gonna be up to an arbitrator...not any of us. AirTran guys are not gonna settle outside of arbitration in the spirit of brotherhood, only to get fukt in the pooper. So, grab some popcorn, recline your lazyboy, and watch the show. Have concerns? Vent them to your hotshot FO merger team.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back